Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Room not ready by 3pm

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Room not ready by 3pm

Bad IHG month for me I guess. I'm here at an IC in South America. I've been waiting over an hour for a room. I need to shower and show up at a meeting. I'm about to leave. Wasn't even offered food or a drink for the trouble. Other people waiting around too don't seem too happy. Not cool for a play nonetheless.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
In South America, 3pm really means 5pm. Or 6pm.

Enjoy your dinner at 10.

P.S. Ask if there is a shower at the gym or pool.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Lol I know this! Usually not an issue... Showered at the spa..
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by ryan754
Lol I know this! Usually not an issue... Showered at the spa..

Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I would politely but firmly negociate to get ANY free room for waiting if you need one and/or compensation like club lounge/upgrade if not a single room is ready (which might be surprising).
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:07 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Yes i would also suggest to request for a spare room till the other one is ready.

The last time my check-in got delayed till 5pm, i got heavily compensated, and my case was featured on LL here
Old Jul 30, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Okay for some light entertainment. I stayed at the Sheraton Imperial in Kuala Lumpur the other month for a one-nighter and when I finally got there at about 22:45 (10:45PM) I was told by the front desk agent to have a seat as my room is still being readied by house keeping. Wait time was to be about 30mins.

I thought she was "pulling my leg" and asked if she was joking, but no she was dead serious and said that is normal that a room may not be ready when guest checks in. Okay...

I told her that yes, maybe at 12pm or 2 pm or so, but not 7+hrs after check-in time started. Then I explained to her how her back of house procedures should have worked to make sure such a major screw up doesn't happen and told her that she should think twice about dishing up stories.

Either way, I told her to give me another room right away please as I would not wait and rather walk (I knew my backup hotel was available at our corp rate and nearby) and then and she made a panicked phone call after which suddenly the Front Desk Manager appeared, typed away hastily and voila a suite was ready. It was a one night stay only so why go through this crap and antagonize a frequent guest?

Last edited by demue; Jul 30, 2015 at 3:21 am
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Okay for some light entertainment. I stayed at the Sheraton Imperial in Kuala Lumpur the other month for a one-nighter and when I finally got there at about 22:45 (10:45PM) I was told by the front desk agent to have a seat as my room is still being readied by house keeping. Wait time was to be about 30mins.

I thought she was "pulling my leg" and asked if she was joking, but no she was dead serious and said that is normal that a room may not be ready when guest checks in. Okay...

I told her that yes, maybe at 12pm or 2 pm or so, but not 7+hrs after check-in time started. Then I explained to her how her back of house procedures should have worked to make sure such a major screw up doesn't happen and told her that she should think twice about dishing up stories.

Either way, I told her to give me another room right away please as I would not wait and rather walk (I knew my backup hotel was available at our corp rate and nearby) and then and she made a panicked phone call after which suddenly the Front Desk Manager appeared, typed away hastily and voila a suite was ready. It was a one night stay only so why go through this crap and antagonize a frequent guest?
OT, but some places just make you wait. I was in an ER a few days ago (i came in the back way via ambulance), out of 8 bays there was one other person and myself. After an hour or so the other person was discharged, so that left only me (1 out of 8 bed bays occupied). I could hear the nurses and doctors joking, laughing, talking about weekend plans, etc, doing absolutely nothing that could be considered medical work. Being no other patients or sounds, I could hear every word. I thought it very odd on a weekend afternoon I'd be the only one at the ER. A nurse or dr checked on me about once an hour and said I would be discharged when my family showed to pick me up. After another 2 hrs my ride showed up, so I had them walk up to the nurse's station and ask them to process my discharge. My family member came back and said the waiting room sure was crowded. I thought he was "pulling my leg" and laughed. 20 minutes later as I was being discharged some guy arrived with a bullet wound through the back way as I exited through the waiting room and was shocked to see at least 50-60 people in the waiting room! In 3 hours they hadn't let one person in. Beats me what the heck goes on, but never assume when you're in the ER waiting room it's because they don't have any space available. If you have decent insurance just call 911 and arrive by ambulance.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chuzzlewit
OT, but some places just make you wait. I was in an ER a few days ago (i came in the back way via ambulance), out of 8 bays there was one other person and myself. After an hour or so the other person was discharged, so that left only me (1 out of 8 bed bays occupied). I could hear the nurses and doctors joking, laughing, talking about weekend plans, etc, doing absolutely nothing that could be considered medical work. Being no other patients or sounds, I could hear every word. I thought it very odd on a weekend afternoon I'd be the only one at the ER. A nurse or dr checked on me about once an hour and said I would be discharged when my family showed to pick me up. After another 2 hrs my ride showed up, so I had them walk up to the nurse's station and ask them to process my discharge. My family member came back and said the waiting room sure was crowded. I thought he was "pulling my leg" and laughed. 20 minutes later as I was being discharged some guy arrived with a bullet wound through the back way as I exited through the waiting room and was shocked to see at least 50-60 people in the waiting room! In 3 hours they hadn't let one person in. Beats me what the heck goes on, but never assume when you're in the ER waiting room it's because they don't have any space available. If you have decent insurance just call 911 and arrive by ambulance.
Where is this ER ? In KL or LA?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:25 pm

Just had a bunch of folks complaining yesterday about rooms not ready 5 minutes after check-in time.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:36 pm

Post your review but not on IHG's website if it is not a a positive review.What’s worse? When you write a review, honest review about your stay on IHG website, they will post it for a week or 2 and they would than quitely remove it.
They won't even explain why they remove.
If you check any reviews on IHG website, you will almost never see any negative reviews. That's why it is important to post your review on tripadvisor and not on IHG’s own so called trusted verified review. In reality, IHG is commiting fraud for deleting reviews they don’t like.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:44 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jabbered
Just had a bunch of folks complaining yesterday about rooms not ready 5 minutes after check-in time.
Did you give them the first night free as required by the T&Cs of the reservation?

Online Reservation Guarantee

Your room is guaranteed.

By securing your online reservation with a credit card, you are eligible for our Reservations Guarantee. If your reservation cannot be honored, the host hotel will provide a room at, and transportation to, another convenient and comparable hotel, and pay for telephone calls to notify family of the lodging change. The host hotel will also pay the full cost of the first night's lodging rate, plus tax. Any advance deposit will be refunded.
If the room is not ready by the time stipulated in the reservation, the reservation "could not be honored".

HTB.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by htb
Did you give them the first night free as required by the T&Cs of the reservation?

If the room is not ready by the time stipulated in the reservation, the reservation "could not be honored".

HTB.
That is .... an extremely peculiar interpretation of the T&C...
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Post your review but not on IHG's website if it is not a a positive review.What’s worse? When you write a review, honest review about your stay on IHG website, they will post it for a week or 2 and they would than quitely remove it.
They won't even explain why they remove.
If you check any reviews on IHG website, you will almost never see any negative reviews. That's why it is important to post your review on tripadvisor and not on IHG’s own so called trusted verified review. In reality, IHG is commiting fraud for deleting reviews they don’t like.
IHG pulls reviews? I just made one for a poor IHG hotel experience. I will wait to see if it is posted and if not will place on TA. It's quite negative although at least my room was ready when I arrived early (at Noon). Too bad the room sucked
Old Aug 1, 2015, 1:19 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
That is .... an extremely peculiar interpretation of the T&C...
Not at all. It puts the whole situation into perspective with regard to their contractual obligations and voluntary guarantees. The few times I had to pull this (same hotel each time), I had an upgraded room assigned within seconds.

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.