Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Express - Hong Kong Mongkok (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
HIX Soho is poor value compared to other local hotels

Originally Posted by FlyinPete
If it has to be a HIX, the SOHO in Central is a much better bet.
I have given up completely on the Soho HIX. I used it occasionally on points when HK was packed but at the new points rate it is not even worth considering.

There are at least 5 local boutique brands in Soho offering much better rooms at rarely more than 60% of HIX Soho.

I know I'm in a minority of Westerners but I do like the Asian breakfast at the Mong Kok hotel. The Western breakfast seems to satisfy the fairly large Filipino clientle but is really going to get 0 out of 10 from North Americans or Europeans. BUT whilst the Western offering at Soho might be marginally superior the Asian offerings are much worst.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:29 am

At, 20,000 points, this is a good redemption considering the price of hotels in Hong Kong and decent location.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Going up to 25k in Jan. Book soon.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
HK Redemption rates are all BAD VALUE

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Going up to 25k in Jan. Book soon.
IHG need to introduce some consistent metrics on redemption rates.

25K for this hotel is ridiculous. Even 20K is OTT.

Hotel will be selling at way less than US$80 by late January after the business fair season has ended. 25K for US$80??????? Hotel deserves to be under soid

It now has competition from the HGI next door.

Look at local 4* hotels on Agoda and join their loyalty scheme I recommend iClub, Butterfly or W. Save 50%, get a better room and in a better location!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
I stayed in this hotel a few weekends ago. The nearest MTR station is probably about a 7 minute walk (Yau Ma Tei Exit A1). Olympic MTR is about a 15-minute walk (also the site of a large shopping mall and a Tim Ho Wan).

As a Platinum, I was offered a can of a soft drink of my choosing.

My room seemed to have been upgraded, it was a corner room on a high floor, facing the city/road, and a couch that ran alongside the window. The road noise was not a problem for me, I didn't really notice it (though I was on a high floor). The building has two tenants -- a residential complex with a separate lobby and elevators, which occupy the upper half of the building, and the lower half of the building, where you can find the HIE.

Since it was fall/winter, I didn't notice the humidity issues that others complained about -- the air conditioning worked well and the room was nice.

The shower wand had some issues the first night, but I put in a maintenance request to have it repaired and it was taken care of very promptly.

The breakfast, as others have mentioned, is pretty abysmal.

Overall, I think 25K is a reasonable price to pay for a night here, especially with rising hotel prices in HKG (cash prices for rooms here are currently around $180 US).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.