Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: IHG About to Be Demoted, AA Demoted to Nothingness
Originally Posted by chrism20
My dashboard has updated in the last half hour.

Everything appears to be correct, including the book with an app. My requirement is book two stays and I have one so far and the circle is half full. If anyone can tell me how to load a screenshot on here I'll post it.
My dashboard just updated, but the points haven't. Progress.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:57 am

Completely baffled, by dashboard has now been updated to 3 nights stayed (I have only stayed 2) and the second app booking is still missing, just showing 1.

Also, when I log in via Chrome I can see my account with the proper offers but when I log in via IE I see other offers that I am not familiar with.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by the hotel bar
- my "unlocked offers" tab opened. Nothing special for those who are waiting with baited breath to see what it is. For me at least, it's complete 6 of 6 tasks for 26K total (one task had 5K for completing it, another had 1K and then 20K for completing all 6). At least 3 or 4 of the tasks were jokingly easy - i.e. complete a hotel survey - and the remaining tasks should be easy if you're a regular IHG'er. I could complete mine in as little as 3 nights, booked on the app and at least 1 of which was between 12/24-12/31
Is this additional tasks that are unlocked once you complete the original ones? I'm confused (admittedly today it is not taking much to confuse me)

Originally Posted by sendbillmoney
My dashboard just updated, but the points haven't. Progress.
I've only completed one so far and the points haven't posted, hotel bar has also said the same a few posts back. Perhaps they are waiting to post all the points together at the end of the promo.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:28 am

Stays completed Sept 18/19 with post dates of Sep 22/23 FINALLY showed up as complete with this morning's sweep

Eligible to pick one night, which I've done.

Unsure how to actually use the night...
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
For those who have completed the tasks:

My posible earnings are 60k (for various small task: 4 nights in any Brand, 2 Saturday nights, 2 HI, 2 different brands) and 60k or 3 nights if all tasks are completed.
So can I earn 60k points and 3 nights or is it 120k Points or 3 nights?

the wording is quite confusing because the mail says "earn 3 free nights or 120,000 bonus points‏ " , but the website would say "Complete 4 of 4 offers and earn 60,000 bonus points or 3 free nights" (+ individual taks worth 60 k points).
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Once again, a stay not triggering all the offers:

Here are my offers:
Points Offer Name Progress

26,400 Stay more 18
Stay 50 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide. Terms BOOK NOW

100 Take our survey
Take our survey. We want to hear what you think. Terms ACHIEVED

23,700 Download and book on the IHG App
Download and sign in to the IHG App and book a stay. The IHG App allows you to get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more. Terms DOWNLOAD NOW

2,400 Bonus Point Package Reward
Book 2 stays using the Bonus Points Package with breakfast rate to earn more points faster. Terms BOOK NOW

8,000 Weekender 5
Stay 10 Saturdays at any of our IHG hotel brands. Terms BOOK NOW

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for 1 stay(s) with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn 1,500 points Terms ACHIEVED

36,000 Travel Well
Stay at an EVEN® hotel in Norwalk, CT or Rockville, MD. Terms
Here is the problem:
- three of the stays which have been credited towards my 50 nights were booked on the IHG app on an iPad. Two more on a Blackberry using the mobile version. And I downloaded the app several times. None of these credited the "app" task.
- three of the stays credited towards my 50 nights were at a "1000 bonus points + breakfast" rate. And I show zero on my "Bonus Points Package" task.

I had exactly the same sorts of issues with the 2013 and the earlier 2014 programs - and I would write them and got a form letter to wait 4-6 weeks for those other tasks to credit, and it never was, so 2 months after the program ended I would have to write again and they would have to fix stuff manually and post my bonus points manually.

I'm tired of having to double-check these super-complicated programs for which the tracking leaves something to be desired.

I understand the updates are on a weekly cycle (very late) on Tuesday, and today I see that my status was updated -- more room nights credited, the credit card bonus marked as "earned" (still hasn't shown up in my IHG rewards though). Does anyone know if there is a separate update/posting cycle for some of the other "offers"/tasks?

Even more bizarre ... my room nights show up as 18, when only 15 have posted, and my weekend nights show up as 5, when only 4 have posted. So I'm +3 on one task, +1 on a second, -2 on a third, and -1 on a fourth. Random, random, random.

And other than the 100 points for the survey, the points I am supposed to have earned haven't actually posted.

A system created by Heisenberg. The cat may be dead.

Last edited by vsevolod4; Oct 15, 2014 at 10:49 am
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by crimsona
Stays completed Sept 18/19 with post dates of Sep 22/23 FINALLY showed up as complete with this morning's sweep

Eligible to pick one night, which I've done.

Unsure how to actually use the night...
Looking closer, I noticed the 4500 points from the offers haven't posted to my IHG account. My guess is the two free nights will show up along with those.

Do free nights generally show as "Reward Nights" on the account page?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by txflyer77
Looking closer, I noticed the 4500 points from the offers haven't posted to my IHG account. My guess is the two free nights will show up along with those.

Do free nights generally show as "Reward Nights" on the account page?
The free night certificate for taking out the IHG Credit card is shown at the following location...

On the My Account page, look at the navigation menu on the left side of the screen. If you have a cert -- either unused or used -- you will see a "Free Night" link below "My Offer Status" and above "Upcoming Reservations".

Anything showing there for you lucky guys who have completed your tasks?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Gringuito
For those who have completed the tasks:

My posible earnings are 60k (for various small task: 4 nights in any Brand, 2 Saturday nights, 2 HI, 2 different brands) and 60k or 3 nights if all tasks are completed.
So can I earn 60k points and 3 nights or is it 120k Points or 3 nights?

the wording is quite confusing because the mail says "earn 3 free nights or 120,000 bonus points‏ " , but the website would say "Complete 4 of 4 offers and earn 60,000 bonus points or 3 free nights" (+ individual taks worth 60 k points).
My understanding is that you should get 60k points from completing the tasks and then once you have completed 4 of 4 tasks you get an additional 60k points or 3 free nights.

So you can either take...

1. 60k points + 3 free nights

or

2. 120k points
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by AndyRobin
The free night certificate for taking out the IHG Credit card is shown at the following location...

On the My Account page, look at the navigation menu on the left side of the screen. If you have a cert -- either unused or used -- you will see a "Free Night" link below "My Offer Status" and above "Upcoming Reservations".

Anything showing there for you lucky guys who have completed your tasks?
Thanks for the instructions. Dashboard is OK but nothing for us yet (didn't think there would be, given that bonus points haven't posted for other people either)

Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
Is this additional tasks that are unlocked once you complete the original ones? I'm confused (admittedly today it is not taking much to confuse me)
Correct. Just to clarify, you only need to complete the amount of tasks needed for the free nights. I unlocked them despite only 4 out of 5 original tasks showing as complete.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by the hotel bar
Correct. Just to clarify, you only need to complete the amount of tasks needed for the free nights. I unlocked them despite only 4 out of 5 original tasks showing as complete.
Thanks, that's an interesting add-on
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Thanks, that sounds great!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I'm up to 25 nights (out of 30 needed) and 5 Saturday nights (out of 12 needed) this morning so this sweep dips into October. I stayed EVERY night at an IHG hotel in September and registered on 9/4.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Didn't help me with my problem, but I think that was the hotel's fault, not necessarily IHG's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.