FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:04 am
vsevolod4

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Once again, a stay not triggering all the offers:

Here are my offers:
Points Offer Name Progress

26,400 Stay more 18
Stay 50 night(s) at any of IHG’s 4,700 hotels worldwide. Terms BOOK NOW

100 Take our survey
Take our survey. We want to hear what you think. Terms ACHIEVED

23,700 Download and book on the IHG App
Download and sign in to the IHG App and book a stay. The IHG App allows you to get mobile-exclusive rates, access your virtual membership card and more. Terms DOWNLOAD NOW

2,400 Bonus Point Package Reward
Book 2 stays using the Bonus Points Package with breakfast rate to earn more points faster. Terms BOOK NOW

8,000 Weekender 5
Stay 10 Saturdays at any of our IHG hotel brands. Terms BOOK NOW

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for 1 stay(s) with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn 1,500 points Terms ACHIEVED

36,000 Travel Well
Stay at an EVEN® hotel in Norwalk, CT or Rockville, MD. Terms
Here is the problem:
- three of the stays which have been credited towards my 50 nights were booked on the IHG app on an iPad. Two more on a Blackberry using the mobile version. And I downloaded the app several times. None of these credited the "app" task.
- three of the stays credited towards my 50 nights were at a "1000 bonus points + breakfast" rate. And I show zero on my "Bonus Points Package" task.

I had exactly the same sorts of issues with the 2013 and the earlier 2014 programs - and I would write them and got a form letter to wait 4-6 weeks for those other tasks to credit, and it never was, so 2 months after the program ended I would have to write again and they would have to fix stuff manually and post my bonus points manually.

I'm tired of having to double-check these super-complicated programs for which the tracking leaves something to be desired.

I understand the updates are on a weekly cycle (very late) on Tuesday, and today I see that my status was updated -- more room nights credited, the credit card bonus marked as "earned" (still hasn't shown up in my IHG rewards though). Does anyone know if there is a separate update/posting cycle for some of the other "offers"/tasks?

Even more bizarre ... my room nights show up as 18, when only 15 have posted, and my weekend nights show up as 5, when only 4 have posted. So I'm +3 on one task, +1 on a second, -2 on a third, and -1 on a fourth. Random, random, random.

And other than the 100 points for the survey, the points I am supposed to have earned haven't actually posted.

A system created by Heisenberg. The cat may be dead.

Last edited by vsevolod4; Oct 15, 2014 at 10:49 am