FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   "Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1607048-into-nights-2014-master-thread.html)

Cybrandian Feb 15, 2015 6:56 am

Originally Posted by AndyRobin (Post 24354365)
Hi,

Has anyone cancelled an ITN Free Night yet? I just wondered if the free night gets credited back in your account immediately?

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes. I have cancelled an ITN free night and it was re-credited to the account straight away.

kevino Feb 15, 2015 8:44 am

Yes, cancelled free nights get credited back instantly.

My 20k points for phase II posted several days ago. :)

wheatbeer Feb 15, 2015 1:44 pm

Thanks Cybrandian and kevino!

Koja78 Feb 16, 2015 8:12 am

Very hard to find available nights it seems... (IC's paris / london)

SirAlfonso Feb 18, 2015 3:51 am

Once you booked/used your free nights. Does the orange 'Book free night' button in your account disappear or does it theoretically let you book again?

crimsona Feb 18, 2015 7:18 am

It disappears.
It's annoying because you can't see inventory unless you cancel your existing booking

Enigma368 Feb 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Has anyone booked an ITN free night for someone else with success?

I know the certs are not transferable but it seems like you could book stays for other people in the same way as you book points nights for other people (add them as an addition guest so they can checkin). Does that sound valid?

MD/DC Flyer Feb 21, 2015 8:53 am

So I just got this e-mail:

Dear MD/DC Flyer,

Congratulations—you’ve completed your offers as part of Into the Nights from IHG® Rewards Club. You also have an important choice to make—2 free nights or XX,000 bonus points?

If you don’t select before February 28, 2015, your achievements from Into the Nights will automatically become points. Sign in now to choose how you’d like to discover the 4,700 IHG properties worldwide.

Although the sun has set on Into the Nights we have good news, Set Your Sights is here - another great opportunity for a points-earner like you. Register today and start earning bonus points towards your next reward.
Of course there are two problems here:
1. The dashboard never had been updated to reflect the correct completion of the tasks.
2. The nights were credited manually months ago.

Another big success to the IHG IT team.

fivegirls Feb 21, 2015 9:00 am

I got the same email. Perhaps for once the IT glitches will work in our favor and we'll be credited another 2 nights?

MD/DC Flyer Feb 21, 2015 9:05 am

Originally Posted by fivegirls (Post 24390304)
I got the same email. Perhaps for once the IT glitches will work in our favor and we'll be credited another 2 nights?

As the dash board had not been updated there is no way to choose two more nights. But I suspect we will get the extra points instead. (And then they will close the account because we were cheating of course).

Points Scrounger Feb 21, 2015 9:46 am

I checked my account, and my unused free nights are still showing, so I'm not too concerned.

GoingGal Feb 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 24390531)
I checked my account, and my unused free nights are still showing, so I'm not too concerned.

I also got the email referenced in post #2888. I selected my two free nights option on 3 Dec and made my reservations the same day. The nights I booked are also still visible under my reservations. The only thing that causes me pause is that the reservation details show a line that was not visible in the confirmation I printed at the time I made the reservations. This line reads:

Rate Rules: COUPON/VOUCHER REQUIRED

Has anybody who has already completed their free stay been asked to present a coupon/voucher? If so, how do we get them? Maybe I need to call the nice ladies in the PI to ask about how to get the voucher?? :confused:

Stealthmode Feb 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by GoingGal (Post 24392847)
I also got the email referenced in post #2888. I selected my two free nights option on 3 Dec and made my reservations the same day. The nights I booked are also still visible under my reservations. The only thing that causes me pause is that the reservation details show a line that was not visible in the confirmation I printed at the time I made the reservations. This line reads:

Rate Rules: COUPON/VOUCHER REQUIRED

Has anybody who has already completed their free stay been asked to present a coupon/voucher? If so, how do we get them? Maybe I need to call the nice ladies in the PI to ask about how to get the voucher?? :confused:

Don't worry about that, I never received a coupon nor voucher, but I have already used my two nights for New Year at IC London Park Lane where no questions where asked about a voucher or coupon.

GoingGal Feb 22, 2015 7:13 pm

Stealthmode,

Thank you for the input. I won't give the coupon/voucher issue another thought!

MarioRossi Feb 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Cybrandian (Post 24354483)
Hi,

Yes. I have cancelled an ITN free night and it was re-credited to the account straight away.

Am I allowed to cancel them until Feb 28 to receive the certificate back?