FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   "Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1607048-into-nights-2014-master-thread.html)

Points Scrounger Jan 14, 2015 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 24157676)
Did anyone who completed the promo on the last week itself get their Bonus Offer for Last Chance to post automatically?

"Stay the last week of the promotion (12/24/2014 - 12/31/2014)."

Got those points, and the 1000 reward ones, in my IHG account overnight. Waiting on the (supplemental) 20K for completing all of six secondary components.

JustAnotherGuy001 Jan 14, 2015 5:35 pm

So I did all the 5 offers I had to get 2 free nights or 50K points but my "Download the IHG app" didn't post so I had to manually contact IHG to add free nights to my account.

Since the "Download app" never posted, I can't see the bonus offers. Should I bug them to see if I completed any of those or is it being too greedy :p I stayed the last week and am just intrigued by some of you getting bonus offers around that :)

kabroui Jan 14, 2015 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by tsvols (Post 24167770)
I did a couple of holiday inn express stays at the end of the year to finish up my stay at 4 holiday inn express hotels. I stayed at the same holiday in express twice so it will not qualify. Really tried to adhere to the policies to qualify for the bonus. What really sucks is it never crossed my mind to stay at a different holiday inn express, but certainly would have in order to qualify.

I made the same mistake on this (I had stay at 3 HIEX's) Fortunately, it was a month ago and I completed the 11 stays I needed to complete one of the other tasks and finished the promo. I think this one was really ambiguous.

sprials Jan 16, 2015 12:09 am

Took about 2.5 months for first stay at start of promotion to credit. Had to manually be credited the 2 nights over the phone. Promotion mostly worth it Bc of business travel, but PITA to call in.

Set your sights doesn't seem rewarding enough and no biz travel so a skip for me.

chrisksc Jan 16, 2015 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Coathanger (Post 24156658)
I had the same issue and the (very competent) CSR was able to credit me the 50K points needed for the third night, and also booked the redemption over the phone.

Wow, not bad! This is a good solution. ^ I shall see if they will do the same to me :D

Oliveredmunds Jan 16, 2015 5:32 am

Into the night promo nights

I have managed to use my 2 free nights from Into the night to book the Intercontinental london from the 30th December until the 1st January for free!

RRPŁ449 a night

garethmorgan Jan 17, 2015 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 24168012)
Got those points, and the 1000 reward ones, in my IHG account overnight. Waiting on the (supplemental) 20K for completing all of six secondary components.

Me too

timrob40 Jan 18, 2015 6:29 am

They misled me too

Interesting thread. I too stayed at a Holiday Inn Express property expecting to qualify towards this promotion. I read all the comms from IHG carefully before the stay and couldn't see any exclusion for Holiday Inn Express but now the stays are done they say no, it's only Holiday Inn that qualifies. I emailed three times to their help desk over the last week and when pushed to take me to the offer terms that specifically excluded Holiday Inn Express the last agent wrote "the offer may have not indicated that you only have to stay at a Holiday Inn brand but neither did it indicate that you can stay at a Holiday Inn Express. As such the stay in question will not be qualified for the offer. We apologize for the confusion regarding the offer". I find it incredible that the IHG agent appears to admit that the terms were insufficiently clear yet won't award the points they led me to expect would be awarded. This is a crazy way to do business in my view, and I'll be yet another customer lost to IHG as a result.

babypuwet Jan 18, 2015 6:50 am

Originally Posted by timrob40 (Post 24188132)
Interesting thread. I too stayed at a Holiday Inn Express property expecting to qualify towards this promotion. I read all the comms from IHG carefully before the stay and couldn't see any exclusion for Holiday Inn Express but now the stays are done they say no, it's only Holiday Inn that qualifies. I emailed three times to their help desk over the last week and when pushed to take me to the offer terms that specifically excluded Holiday Inn Express the last agent wrote "the offer may have not indicated that you only have to stay at a Holiday Inn brand but neither did it indicate that you can stay at a Holiday Inn Express. As such the stay in question will not be qualified for the offer. We apologize for the confusion regarding the offer". I find it incredible that the IHG agent appears to admit that the terms were insufficiently clear yet won't award the points they led me to expect would be awarded. This is a crazy way to do business in my view, and I'll be yet another customer lost to IHG as a result.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Unfortunately, I dont think you are going to get anywhere with IHG as that specific task is the same as the last promotion "the Big Win." It was identified then that it had to be Holiday Inn and not HIE.

crimsona Jan 18, 2015 6:56 am

If you read this thread at the beginning it was established quite early that holiday inn express does not count for stay at 2 holiday inns

swag Jan 18, 2015 7:23 am

Unexpected points

I completed by initial tasks 2 months ago, the points posted, nights successfully chosen. I decided the bonus offer tasks weren't worth striving for, and forgot about them.

The last week of December, though, I booked an award stay for June 2015. Not for the promo, just a needed redemption. I was surprised, though, to later see the Reward Yourself task checked off on the dashboard, since the T&C seemed to require booking and staying before 12/31/14. And today I'm even more surprised to see the 1000 points for that one bonus task post to mt account balance.

Anyone else get this, or did I just get lucky?

DaveInLA Jan 18, 2015 8:29 am

I completed the basic offer for my wife's new account and I have the option to choose the 25K points or free night (x2). However, the website doesn't actually let me select the night. When I place the mouse cursor over the icon, it looks like I will be able to select it, but when I click on the mouse nothing happens. The screen doesn't change, there's no "busy" symbol on the browser. When I log on to IHG's main website, there are no free nights. I'm using Chrome. My Explorer browser isn't working. Is this a browser issue? Anybody else having this issue?

edit-- I'm talking about this screen (taken from mommypoints)
http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/...ree-Nights.jpg

I can't select "free nights" and I don't want to try clicking on the points option.

Tim O'Brien Jan 18, 2015 9:28 am

i'm using Chrome, in the US, and didn't have a problem, choosing the nights

stvr Jan 18, 2015 11:29 am

I now have a choice between 50,000 points and 2 free nights. What is the deadline for making this choice? I can't decide which is a better deal... depends on a few details I have yet to pin down. Can anyone see in the terms and conditions anything about when this choice must be made? I'm concerned their dashboard will break, and I will be locked out.

chrism20 Jan 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by stvr (Post 24189445)
I now have a choice between 50,000 points and 2 free nights. What is the deadline for making this choice? I can't decide which is a better deal... depends on a few details I have yet to pin down. Can anyone see in the terms and conditions anything about when this choice must be made? I'm concerned their dashboard will break, and I will be locked out.

IIRC correctly you have until the end of January to select points or nights.

If you select nights you then have until the end of the year to use them.