Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:34 am

I'm facing the same problem here... so close to completing the offers.

Originally Posted by swag
I'm unlikely to complete the stays to satisfy the 6 bonus offers, but just in case, I submitted a review and at the same time, attempted to "Discover a World of Hospitality". I clicked learn more, clicked to Explore by Interest and Explore by Destination, played a bit with the map.

Looking today, I have the Completed Task check mark for the Review, but not for the Map. Just what would I need to do to satisfy that task? There are no Terms.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
My husband and I both got the "congrats you've completed your tasks -- choose your rewards" emails about a week before Thanksgiving. His dashboard updated about a week or so later and we were able to claim his two free nights. However, my dashboard STILL has not updated. I sent two IHG emails and got stupid non-helpful responses both times. I have to call but so far haven't mustered up the energy to do it. I keep thinking that one of these days the dashboard will update.....
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by AtlantaAngel
I keep thinking that one of these days the dashboard will update.....
I am sure it will... at some point.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
sorry if this has been asked before-but my additional challenge says stay 3nights at any hotel.
does this mean 3 consec nights at same hotel ok?

thanks..
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
My dashboard finally updated this weekend and now shows the promo as completed. ^ I cannot, however, figure out how to select the 2 free nights.

There's a section on the dashboard that says "Choose your reward" with links to both the points and free nights, but nothing happens when I click on the free night link.

Am I missing something?

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:58 pm
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
My dashboard finally updated this weekend and now shows the promo as completed. ^ I cannot, however, figure out how to select the 2 free nights.

There's a section on the dashboard that says "Choose your reward" with links to both the points and free nights, but nothing happens when I click on the free night link.

Am I missing something?

-FlyerBeek
It happened to me as well, a simple relogin to the website, and choose the option at the TOP of the page, rather than on the lower part of the dashboard.

I've got my 50,000 points already credited. Anyone knows when points+cash stays will be available for IC Koh Samui ? Seems not able to book at the moment.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:58 pm

Am I missing something?

-FlyerBeek
No, you just select the one you want, however the other day when I got mine it took four attempts before they registered and the site was very slow.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by chrism20
No, you just select the one you want, however the other day when I got mine it took four attempts before they registered and the site was very slow.
Thanks. I'll keep trying. I've tried multiple browsers, and I still cannot get the selection to work.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:12 am

Impossible to complete

I can't complete the task : "Download the IHG app". I already downloaded the app and even book some stays with it, but the task isn't "Achieved". Someone experienced the same problem ?

Otherwise, it miss me only one night on a saturday to complet all tasks, but I can't do it till the end of the promotion. Do you think if I book, pay the night, but don't stay, it will count for the promotion ?

Thanks for your answer.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by flystef
I can't complete the task : "Download the IHG app". I already downloaded the app and even book some stays with it, but the task isn't "Achieved". Someone experienced the same problem ?
I had the same problem. After waiting 2 months I sent a PM to IHG Care who was able to get the App offer credited within a couple of days.

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Seems nothing will change with IHG.
The new 2015 promo has been announced, just logged on and see that it is the same platform, probably the same IT issues.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Seems nothing will change with IHG.
The new 2015 promo has been announced, just logged on and see that it is the same platform, probably the same IT issues.
I agree. I sent IHG this email reply, and posted it on their facebook page.

"Dear IHG, thank you for sending me information about your new promotion, "Set your Sights".

No thank you.

You suckered me into your "Into the nights" program, and that was a miserable experience. Try as I might, I could not manage to get things right with that. Aside from having the promotions changed mid-way through the contest, I have a windows phone, so I cannot download the app you require I download; I tried to book a breakfast rate package, but apparently booked a rate package with breakfast instead (or some such technically wrong package); I switched a stay from a HIE to a Holiday Inn (for said package) and ended up in a worse room for the night than if I had stayed with the HIE hotel, etc.. I had to fight for every point, your program never updated on time or routinely, so, I gave up and quit trying.

Now, you want me to come back into what is clearly a harder, tougher, CLONE of the same program.

There's no way I am going to get suckered into another badly designed, poorly run program that relies on anything to do with your IT department. I can't win, so I do not care to play the silly little game of Calvinball that your marketing department is designing.

I have signed up for the Marriott Rewards program, and in 2015, I will be deciding which hotel chain more desires (and deserves) my business. It may well be IGH, because despite the best darn efforts of your IT and Marketing departments, I do still love HIE hotels. But, I will be staying at Marriotts now to see how they treat customers, as a DIRECT result of your ITN promotion.

So, thank you for offering me a chance to participate in another of your "wonderful" promotions; but as my daddy would say: "I was born at night, but it wasn't LAST night."

and, I get the same canned "thank you for your feedback, we have notified the appropriate departments" comments.

I cannot stress enough to any IHG rep who may be reading this: prior to ITN, I was a HAPPY, IHG loyalist. DIRECTLY BECAUSE of how your company handled the ITN promotion, I am now a Marriott Rewards member, and will be comparing them to your hotel program.

Why? Was it the intent of your promotion to DRIVE AWAY loyalty? If so, congratulations. If not, then why would you reclone it, and send it out into the world again?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:11 am

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold

Am I missing something?

-FlyerBeek
Firefox didn't work, but Chrome did.

Now how long will it take to get the info on how to book the 2 free nights? Hopefully it's not just free point breaks hotels or I chose badly.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 3:36 am

Claiming free nights?

Hi all,

I'm new to IHG so please excuse the gaps in my knowledge.

I was able to complete my tasks and now have the option of 2 free nights or 50,000 points.

Firstly, if I choose the free nights and then can't get the availability at the hotels I want will they revert to points at the end of December? And will I get 50,000 points?

Secondly, if I take the free nights, book the availability for the hotel I want but then can't find flights, can I cancel the free nights? What (if anything) will I get back? Points, or free night vouchers? And how many points.......?

Apologies if this is already covered somewhere, this thread is so big now I'm struggling to find the relevant information!

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
[QUOTE=graeylin;24003778]I agree. I sent IHG this email reply, and posted it on their facebook page.

[I]"Dear IHG, thank you for sending me information about your new promotion, "Set your Sights".

No thank you.

Well said!! I couldn't agree more. I'm not touching their new promotion for anything. Still waiting for my dashboard to update from Into the Nights. The new promotion will probably be over before that happens.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.