Search

Multi night stay at IHG - tips on how to maximize? help pls

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AA
Smile Multi night stay at IHG - tips on how to maximize? help pls

Hi all,

I'm a relative newbie to flyertalk, and was hoping to get some tips on my upcoming 9 night stay at IHG.

So first of all, I have read through the forum and have registered for all of the IHG promo codes and they are all appearing under my offer tracker AND i did the status matching thingy and am have gold status now.

Does anyone had any tips for how to maximize my 9 night stay. I've booked it all in one reservation, so I'm not sure if that means you only get the bonus points per stay or per night? Should I make several 2-3 night reservations to maximize the bonus points?

Thanks everyone in advance and apologies if this has been covered somewhere else.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Are you staying in any InterContinental hotels?

You should get points per night.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:29 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
1x 9nights = 1 stay or even 3x 3nights reservations for 9 consecutive nights = ONE STAY . Hotel groups are not stupid, you can not game the system by splitting stay in to separate 1night reservations.

This is not just at IHG as aplies to all other hotel chains, eg Hilton

Most IHG bonus codes are 1-offs anyway so splitting gains nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.