Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Recognition (from Priority Club Experience Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Platinum Recognition (from Priority Club Experience Thread)

As a general remark, I can see very little hotels which give a good Platinum recognizion. What is actually the reason to be a Plat if there is no real benefit behind? What is the idea of being a Plat? Shouldn't we get the "best available room"? I cannot find usefull information on the IHG websites but I find it almost always not worth to stay in a IHG hotel due to the very bad value. SPG Plat or HHonors Dia give much better value for money. So, why bother with Priority Club?

PS: Merry Christmas
Old Dec 24, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
IHG's big strength is the ease in picking up large quantities of relatively useful bonus points, not so much in terms of status recognition.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
As a general remark, I can see very little hotels which give a good Platinum recognizion. What is actually the reason to be a Plat if there is no real benefit behind? What is the idea of being a Plat? Shouldn't we get the "best available room"? I cannot find usefull information on the IHG websites but I find it almost always not worth to stay in a IHG hotel due to the very bad value. SPG Plat or HHonors Dia give much better value for money. So, why bother with Priority Club?

Looks like another YMMV situation, probably dependent on which countries you book rooms in. Even before I became RA I was treated to upgrades all the time as an IHG Platinum.

I am just about 100% around 300/300 on upgrades at HI, CP (and HIX with multiple room types) in Europe, mainly UK (many cities), and Europe (England, Scotland, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Czech Republic, Romania ) which includes Awards stays, non-qual rate (eg PrePaid-A 35% off rates), reduced rates eg 241, december2012/jan2013 uk 20.12gbp rate offer (symbolic rate for UK Olympics)

Only 1 paid stay at full up UK HI had no upgrade, and i had apology and free breakfast offer instead which was quite an acceptable alternative.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan

i generally get great upgrades at all ihg properties....most of the time to suites....plat status with ihg is very different from spg or hh....it is much easier to get & will not give you the various published benefits that the other programs give you....but ihg plat is still worth having....
Old Dec 25, 2013, 1:47 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I have moved the question of the Platinum recognition to its own thread to avoid having this discussion within the Priority Club Elite Experience Thread.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.