Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Big Win - Survey

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
IHG Big Win - Survey

So I completed all my challenges, except the survey. Since nobody knows when the survey will be available, I decided to assist the IHG marketing department and create my own :

What is your IHG membership level?

Platinum Ambassador

How many nights did you stay in 2013 prior to the start of the Big Win?

approx. 15 paid and 15 reward nights

What were your Big Win challenges?

- Try one and done - 1,000 points
- Stay more & earn more - 16 nights - 15,400 points
- Explore our brands - 4 brands - 24,000 points
- Book with us - 6 stays - 6,000 points
- Win in a weekend - 3 Saturday nights - 8,400 points
- Survey the win - 100 points
- Win big - 55,000 points

When did you complete all challenges of your Big Win?

October 11th

Were you generally happy with your targets?

Yes

Which was/were the most difficult to achieve?

Stay three Saturday nights

Did you change any existing bookings in order to meet your targets?

Yes - changed 9 nights stay in HI Singapore to 4 nights HI - 1 night HIX - 2 nights HI - 2 nights IC to increase number of stays and brands. This did not have a significant impact on the total cost of those 9 nights.

Did you book any additional stays just to meet your targets?

Yes, one Saturday night mattress run in nearby town and one Saturday night in CP Brussels with the family to add 4th brand and 2 Saturday nights

Did you move any business from other chains to IHG in order in order to complete your challenges?

No, I didn't

What is the estimated additional revenue for IHG?

€159 (~$215) for the two Saturday nights. If I subtract the 14,260 points (base points and non-Big-Win bonus points) I received for those nights ($100*) then the revenues (including taxes) are approx. $115.

What is the estimated value of the points that you will receive?

109,900 points = $769*

Who's the Big Winner?

Me - $654*

* points valued at $70 per 10,000 points
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Has anyone actually asked IHG when they expect the survey to be posted?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: IHG/Spire Amb., Hilton/Diamond, SPG/Gold, Marriott/Gold, AA/Plat, Southwest/CP
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Has anyone actually asked IHG when they expect the survey to be posted?
I spoke with someone in the CEO's office about a different issue last week and asked him about this. He said the survey is actively in development and while he did not have an ETA for me, he looked into it and it is underway.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 1:00 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Steven6702
I spoke with someone in the CEO's office about a different issue last week and asked him about this. He said the survey is actively in development and while he did not have an ETA for me, he looked into it and it is underway.
Sounds like there's hardly any chance that the survey will be finished by the end of the promotion

HTB.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Its open today
Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It's funny, on Tuesday IHG sent out a tweet saying 'so who has completed all their Big Win targets already?'. You can guess the response ....
Old Oct 17, 2013, 6:55 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Raffles
It's funny, on Tuesday IHG sent out a tweet saying 'so who has completed all their Big Win targets already?'. You can guess the response ....
If I'd seen it, fitting suitable abuse in 140 characters would have been tricky ...

Should end up with about 12 nights, 2 Saturdays, 4 different major cities (or which only two are in my list because they're all EU), four brands ... for which I will earn the grand total of 1,100 bonus points. That's how unobtainable most of my targets were ...

Given the hotels I'm staying in in DC next week have already indicated I won't get an room upgrade due to availability, and haven't actually offered anything else as a alternative, I more-and-more fail to see the point of remaining remotely loyal to IHG.

Good work guys ...
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
The survey's up for me. But, it doesn't work! I answer all the questions to the end, but can't “finish” the survey. Clicking the survey again just starts over from the beginning.

Here's the questions I got, fwiw.

Which of the following have you done in the past 12 months? Please select all that apply.
  • Taken a trip and stayed overnight in paid accomodations (hotel, motel, resort, etc.) for at least 1 night
  • Stayed in a hospital for at least 1 night
  • Had outpatient surgery
  • None of the Above

Please think about your travel that took place in the past 12 months where you stayed overnight in paid accommodations. Please indicate the number of stays you have had in the past 12 months for each of the reasons listed below. In this case, a "stay" is defined as an instance where you stayed at a single property for one or more nights. If you stayed in two places on a trip, that counts as two stays.

Now, thinking about all of the 15 stays that you had in the past 12 months, how many stays fit each of the descriptions below?
  • A family trip with your spouse/partner and/or children, so you can bond as a family while seeking entertainment and leisure.
  • A relaxing escape with your spouse/partner, on which you can indulge yourselves with pampered treatment and excellent food and drinks.
  • A trip that allows you to focus on/prioritize the need to be healthy – in mind, body, and/or spirit – while connecting to the natural environment.

If you need to travel, how important would the following things be when deciding where to stay? Please use a 10-point scale, where a 1 is NOT AT ALL IMPORTANT , a 5 or 6 is SOMEWHAT IMPORTANT , and a 10 is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Please do not rate all items as high, medium, or low importance. By using the entire scale, you help us tell the difference between what is absolutely critical to you and what you would value less on a trip.
  • The hotel will help me on my journey to business success
  • I will be able to work productively in my room
  • The hotel enables me to have productive meetings
  • The hotel staff will care about my well-being
  • My children can be looked after in the hotel
  • My children can be happily entertained at the hotel
  • I can enjoy an excellent bar
  • I can have a romantic time with someone special
  • The hotel will make it easy to make healthy food and beverage choices
  • I will be able to walk to what I need (such as sights, stores, or public transportation)
  • The hotel offers a variety of spa treatments personalized to my needs
  • I can indulge myself
  • It will suit my needs for a one-night stay
  • I can bond with friends or family
  • I will be paying less than similar hotels in the area
  • The hotel facilities (e.g., gym, pool, etc.) will be very inviting
  • The hotel will just be a place for me to sleep overnight
  • I will feel like I am successful
  • My children will feel welcomed
  • I can enjoy excellent food
  • My spouse/companion/partner will be happy
  • I can escape from everyday life
  • People will be impressed with my choice of hotel
  • The simplicity of the hotel makes me feel sensible
  • The room feels comfortable

Assume you are traveling to a location with several hotels in the right location/proximity for your needs. Please check the two factors below that influence you the most when choosing a hotel?

In how many hotel loyalty programs did you participate (i.e. earned points or miles) in the past 12 months

Which of the following categories does your age fall into?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
I just finished the survey, it worked for me.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I felt the questions were fairly lame, with many not applicable to my situation.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 3:56 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
The survey's up for me. But, it doesn't work! I answer all the questions to the end, but can't “finish” the survey. Clicking the survey again just starts over from the beginning.
I had same issue, here is what I did (from the master thread on Big Win Promo) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21624788-post921.html
Old Oct 17, 2013, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I felt the questions were fairly lame, with many not applicable to my situation.
You Know if you tic 2,3,or4..there are no questions.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
I just completed the survey as well. It finished and I got the checkmark and 100 points. It looks like I got the same questions as King Chung Hwang.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I had same issue, here is what I did (from the master thread on Big Win Promo) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21624788-post921.html
Thanks. I ended up doing it in Internet Explorer and was able to complete.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:27 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25)

Worked fine for me in iPhone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.