Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reward night points increase again?!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Angry Reward night points increase again?!

I'm checking the reward night for IC Moorea and IC Tahiti, few days ago the reward night points was only 25,000 pts for IC Moorea and 30,000 for IC Tahiti, but now both properties show 40,000 pts per night!

Any other IC properties have increased the redemption rate?
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:56 am

I'm seeing that too
Old Jun 26, 2013, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
R i d i c u l o u s
Old Jun 26, 2013, 9:38 pm

The last change in reward night policy included the possibility to dynamically price reward nights. Meaning that the same hotel can charge different amount of points depending on its booking situation.

I guess you just waited to long to book and prices went up in the mean time. I can't see anything outrageous here.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:44 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by hayek
The last change in reward night policy included the possibility to dynamically price reward nights. Meaning that the same hotel can charge different amount of points depending on its booking situation.

I guess you just waited to long to book and prices went up in the mean time. I can't see anything outrageous here.
Hotel gets set compensation from IHG independent of points per night. I don't see hotel increasing reward points needed.

Only IHG corporate cares, when occupancy is over 95% then IHG have to cough up a higher fee to hotel.

And I too must have missed this dynamic points pricing statement you are referring to. If this is the case, surely other dates are still at 25/30k not the new 40k?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hayek
No. Hotels are assigned point categories by IHG--they can change at any time, but they aren't "dynamic".
Old Jun 27, 2013, 5:21 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
IC Moorea went down from 30K to 25K in Januari. So it's quite surprising to see that they have increased in to 40K now....
Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Star Alliance, PC Plat Amb, Delta
Booked IC Athens on points 2 months ago at 30K now showing at 50K.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by bmttokyo
Booked IC Athens on points 2 months ago at 30K now showing at 50K.
Hehe, you might be willing to rebook at 5000 now
Old Jun 28, 2013, 2:28 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by iggyray
Hehe, you might be willing to rebook at 5000 now
Indeed whilst there is availability, I have done 5 nights.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:29 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
2 years ago i went to the IC Manza (Okinawa) and it was 30k
Last year 40k
This year 50k

Still a bargain compared to cash but it's becoming a bit excessive
Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:57 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Can't believe this unannounced change! Does anyone know what happens if you want to shorten a stay that's already logged in at the old rate? Will they allow this?

I have made a tentative booking at IC Tahiti but wasn't sure of the exact dates and now I need to shorten it by one day. Teaches me again not to wait with these award bookings as they change the program at will...
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Teaches me again not to wait with these award bookings as they change the program at will...
And it should also teach you to make one night bookings for each reward night for stays you are unsure about.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:26 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
And it should also teach you to make one night bookings for each reward night for stays you are unsure about.
And maybe even do it when you are sure about it (as plans can quickly change sometimes.)
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by hhoope01
And maybe even do it when you are sure about it (as plans can quickly change sometimes.)
Indeed. Last week I had to shorten a 2 day Indigo stay for my parents in law to 1 day. I got whacked for an extra 5,000 points for the remaining day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.