Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Renewal Going up to $150 August 2012

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, HHonors, Priority Club
Ok, this is strange. My Ambassador membership expires in October and I logged on to see what the new renewal options were. These were my options:

If you wish to renew your Ambassador status by making a purchase, choose one of the following:
Renew for $150 and receive 15,000 bonus points*
Renew for $200 and receive 15,000 bonus points* plus a 10% points rebate on Reward Nights**
Or, if you wish to renew your Ambassador status using Priority Club® points choose the following:
Renew using 24,000 of your Priority Club points and receive 24,000 bonus points*

Note the point option. Use 24000 and receive 24000 points back? I renewed using this option, we'll see if I really get a voucher for 24000 points. If that happens, then it's like it was free!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by jcee
Ok, this is strange. My Ambassador membership expires in October and I logged on to see what the new renewal options were. These were my options:

If you wish to renew your Ambassador status by making a purchase, choose one of the following:
Renew for $150 and receive 15,000 bonus points*
Renew for $200 and receive 15,000 bonus points* plus a 10% points rebate on Reward Nights**
Or, if you wish to renew your Ambassador status using Priority Club® points choose the following:
Renew using 24,000 of your Priority Club points and receive 24,000 bonus points*

Note the point option. Use 24000 and receive 24000 points back? I renewed using this option, we'll see if I really get a voucher for 24000 points. If that happens, then it's like it was free!
I currently see the exact same offers for renewal, and these are certainly different (they have improved) from the offers I saw last week....If a 24k voucher actually arrives in your AMB member kit this will be a very good deal....^
Please let us know if it arrives....
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
I currently see the exact same offers for renewal, and these are certainly different (they have improved) from the offers I saw last week....If a 24k voucher actually arrives in your AMB member kit this will be a very good deal....^
Please let us know if it arrives....
Arghhh!! I'm now leading to believe that these bonus point offers for renewals using points are an error. Since it used to be 5K in the past, and my recent renewal was an offer for 10K bonus points, and now yours is basically getting all of your points back, it is either individually targeted, or a human/computer error. The bad part is that there is no written proof that this was the bonus for me. My email alert only had the cash option mentioned. It was only after I clicked onto the link for renewal that those other choices showed up.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:26 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
Question

I chosen that option, and have recieved mail day after:

Thank you, and welcome back to InterContinental Ambassador.

We are pleased to confirm that your renewal has been completed, and your new Ambassador portfolio is being processed. Your status is valid until 31 October 2013. Please allow approximately seven weeks for your membership portfolio to be delivered.

Please be advised that 24,000 Priority Club points have been deducted from your account, bringing your total point balance to 87,005.

Rest assured that while you are waiting for your Ambassador portfolio, you may enjoy your Ambassador benefits and privileges with the exception of the Complimentary Weekend Night privilege, simply by quoting your Ambassador account when making reservations or upon arrival at an InterContinental Hotel. Upon receipt of the complete Ambassador portfolio, you may then use the Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate. Further, please note that the 5,000 Priority Club Bonus Points will be included in the Welcome Letter, in the form of a voucher code, which you can deposit online. The said Welcome Letter will be included in the Ambassador portfolio.

Again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. We look forward to welcoming you at an InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property again in the near future.

Sincerely,

Mr. Bon Sulit
Ambassador® Services
Tel. +44 871 942 9099
+1 888 211 7996
Fax: +44 (0) 870 400 9010
E-mail: [email protected]

Seems thay made mistake, but fortunately I saved the screen shot and will insist on my 19.000 points! What is your opinion - will thay accept?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: SPG Platium, PC Ambassador & Platium, Aeroplan Elite
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Arghhh!! I'm now leading to believe that these bonus point offers for renewals using points are an error. Since it used to be 5K in the past, and my recent renewal was an offer for 10K bonus points, and now yours is basically getting all of your points back, it is either individually targeted, or a human/computer error. The bad part is that there is no written proof that this was the bonus for me. My email alert only had the cash option mentioned. It was only after I clicked onto the link for renewal that those other choices showed up.
It looks like a computer error, I renewed mine for 24k points (have not been active on flyertalk lately and it costs me)

On the renewal page said renew for 24K points and get 24K bonus points, in email confirmation once my amb status was renewed stating

Please note that the 5,000 Priority Club Bonus Points will be included in the Welcome Letter, in the form of a voucher code, which you can deposit online.

Not sure if it is worth fighting with AMB customer service for the points?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Wallease
...Not sure if it is worth fighting with AMB customer service for the points?
Be sure to take a screen shot of what you signed up for. Then "discuss" the issue with Amb CS if you don't get what it says after sending them a copy of the screen shot.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
My offer says:
Renew for $150 and receive 10,000 bonus points*
Renew using 24,000 of your Priority Club points and receive 5,000 bonus points*

Last edited by slocouple; Aug 22, 2012 at 11:39 am
Old Aug 22, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, HHonors, Priority Club
Originally Posted by jmd001
Be sure to take a screen shot of what you signed up for. Then "discuss" the issue with Amb CS if you don't get what it says after sending them a copy of the screen shot.
I got a confirmation e-mail and it stated that I would be receiving a voucher for 5000 points. I replied with a screen shot that the renewal page had indicated I would get 24,000 points. All I got was an apology and that it was an error... A bummer since I was not really sure that I was going to renew this year and only jumped on it at the prospect of getting it "for free."
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:00 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jcee
I got a confirmation e-mail and it stated that I would be receiving a voucher for 5000 points. I replied with a screen shot that the renewal page had indicated I would get 24,000 points. All I got was an apology and that it was an error... A bummer since I was not really sure that I was going to renew this year and only jumped on it at the prospect of getting it "for free."
I made a screenshot. I'm going to wait until I get the "wrong" voucher to complain. Obviously, if that was an error, they would have had the possibility to inform all affected persons by then.

How much does it cost to buy 24000 points? Probably more than $150. Then you shouldn't expect to get even lesss points than if you were to renew by cash -- is my thinking.

HTB.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the packet in the mail. Of course with a 5K point voucher. Has anyone called in yet to complain? I think I will call CS. Maybe they just didn't print out the new point vouchers and are using the old ones. Yeah, I know .
Old Sep 9, 2012, 6:22 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
Dear FT forum members - now we have final explanation of this situation. 24.000 points back was definitely printing error but since I saved screen shot Ambassador service decide to accept my complain. I share with you e-mail received from Ambassador Customer service:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and, we would like to apologize if during your renewal this error of you will received 24,000 bonus points in return is displayed. Please know that we have recently conducted system upgrades with the website and this may have caused these errors.

We would like to acknowledge your loyalty to the InterContinental Ambassador. Please know that all of our Ambassador members renew their annual status to receive 5,000 bonus points. However, as stated ditto that an error occurred during the transition of the annual renewal option fees and the 24,000 bonus points was on the website and occur misprint.

Rest assured that a total of 24,000 bonus points will be credited to your account as one time exemption once you have received and deposited your 5,000 bonus points voucher code. Please see breakdown of bonus points below:

Voucher code - 5,000 points
Manual points credit - 19,000 points
Total of: 24,000 bonus points

You may send us and e-mail update after you have deposited your 5,000 bonus points voucher code online. We shall thereafter made the necessary manual adjustment.

We hope we have assisted in clarifying your query. Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact our office directly.

Sincerely,"
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just an update:

I called Ambassador CS, told them of my situation about the 5K point code. She took my account number and put me on hold (I guess to talk to a supervisor). then came back and asked for my voucher code (I hadn't redeemed it yet). So she processed the code, giving me the 5K points, and then posted 5K "goodwill" points. So I'm happy. 10K points total added to my account. ^
Old Sep 20, 2012, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wanted to share with you that the price raise had escaped me entirely, but I received an email in August (according to them 2 days before the change) with the old renewal rates advertized. I called a few days ago and explained that there was no indication on the email of it being a limited time offer, and that 2 days was really not a reasonable time frame. I explained that had the email said 'you only have 2 days to do it' I would of course, had of done so, and they made an exception because of that email for me, this one time, and let me renew at the lower rate. Might help someone out by doing similar if they wish.

Emma
Old Sep 26, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
I was surprised to receive a letter in the mail (undated) over the weekend offering renewal of my AMB status "at half the price of the enrollment fee" for $100, considering the price change took effect in August.

However, when I log in to my PC account online, the only options are $150 and $200, with the 10k and 15k points respectively. Will call in and report back my results...
Old Oct 4, 2012, 12:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
Originally Posted by jlin011
I was surprised to receive a letter in the mail (undated) over the weekend offering renewal of my AMB status "at half the price of the enrollment fee" for $100, considering the price change took effect in August.

However, when I log in to my PC account online, the only options are $150 and $200, with the 10k and 15k points respectively. Will call in and report back my results...
Update: Called it in and Intercontinental support requested that I scan and e-mail the letter to them. Two days later, received an email back saying they would honor the $100 offer. Called back again and renewed for $100 as promised (includes the 5k voucher, not the 10k).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.