Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Renewal Going up to $150 August 2012

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2013, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
I would prefer to have the renewal in October 2013 so the Weekend 2for1 voucher would expire in October 2014.

Will I be able to renew in October (3 months after current membership has expired) to push the expiration of the Weekend 2for1 off till 2014? Or do I need to renew before the current membership expires in June?
Your original scenario was possible in the past, but the renewal timing was indeed tightened 2-3 years ago.
However IIRC as of last year renewing a month or two after expiration did postpone the 2-for-1 AMB cert's expiration date by a similar amount, at the expense of a shortened membership period.
I would not count on the renewal offer being valid 3-4 months after expiration, though.

You might want to check the Coupon Connection, where those certs regularly appear.
Old May 18, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
My Ambassador status expires in June. I'm currently a Royal Ambassador and will have that status reupped by IC.

Do I still need to pay the $150 to renew my Ambassador status in June? I guess I had hoped making RA again would mean that I didn't need to pay to reup for Ambassador.

How does this work?
Old May 18, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Is there any benefit in purchasing Ambassador with the PC visa card (UK) as in double points?
Old May 20, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
With the new points system coming out in July is Ambassador renewal even worth it? Mine expires June 2013 and I am taking a wait and see attitude.
-UFFA
Old May 20, 2013, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UnitedFFinAsia
With the new points system coming out in July is Ambassador renewal even worth it? Mine expires June 2013 and I am taking a wait and see attitude.
-UFFA
What new point system? Did I miss a discussion on this?
Old May 20, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Somewhat related - I just downgraded from RA to AMB and got my packet...had a BOGO, but no point voucher. Is that the new norm? I remember I used to get some type of voucher with it.
Old May 20, 2013, 5:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Voucher number is printed in your welcome letter.
Old May 20, 2013, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
What new point system? Did I miss a discussion on this?
No new point system to my knowledge, just a new name. From PriorityClub.com:

Priority Club® Rewards, the loyalty program for IHG, InterContinental® Hotels Group, and its Family of Brands, is changing its name to IHG® Rewards Club. You’ll still receive the same great benefits you have today, plus new ones like free Internet for members globally in 2014, starting with Elite members in July 2013.

Note that it only says "You’ll still receive the same great benefits you have today", NOT "You’ll still receive the same great benefits AT THE SAME PRICE you have today", so I guess the Ambassador price increase is a hidden enhancement.
Old May 22, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Originally Posted by olegator
Voucher number is printed in your welcome letter.
I would have expected to find it there, but there wasn't any mention of a number, nor was there any mention of 5K points (or any points) on the letter.
Old May 22, 2013, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Question

My nephew wants to be an Ambassador. So what is the best route? Should he get the Mastercard Platinum Elite Card first?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.