Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Renewal Going up to $150 August 2012

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2012, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Fanjet
So it's official? I really wish they would officially announce that change. I got my renewal notice last week (it expires at the end of September), with no mention of the change in rates. Even when I log into my account now, it shows "your membership will expire in xx days". My question is this: did they say if the $200 (15K points and 10% rebate) option is increasing in price as well, or just the basic renewal?

Oh... I have another question. I'm assuming the 10% rebate includes Pointbreaks stays? Has anyone who signed up for this option gotten their rebate on a PB stay (or not gotten the rebate on a PB stay)?
I would say yes, but without any announcement. I heard it directly from a hotel employee at an IC who got word from IHG HQ.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: IHG
10,000 point code in RA box has been confirmed as a "printing error" by Amb Services. They will bring it to the attention of their agents.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:54 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by midnight
10,000 point code in RA box has been confirmed as a "printing error" by Amb Services. They will bring it to the attention of their agents.
Are they going to honor the 10,000 points for those of us who got the letter?
Old Aug 5, 2012, 11:15 am

Boo! Hiss!
Old Aug 5, 2012, 2:08 pm

Programs: IHG
Dear Xxxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the InterContinental
Ambassador Service Center.

We would like to confirm that our members receive 5,000 bonus points
per portfolio. Hence, we can confirm that there has been a printing
error in your Welcome Letter.

Nevertheless, rest assured that this has been reported to the
appropriate department.

Xxxxx, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you.
Should you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us
directly.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX
Old Aug 6, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Points renewal to be 24K points or $100?

Just now received my monthly "Ambassador Update" email & it stated the following (bolding mine):

"Renew your Ambassador membership with points.
Your Ambassador membership is due for renewal. You can use your Priority Club® points to make this even easier.

Renew today for US $100 or redeem 24,000 Priority Club points and continue to enjoy benefits including guaranteed room upgrades, 4pm late checkout and mineral water replenished daily every time you stay at an InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts property.**"

However, when I clicked on the email's link, the renewal screen still stated that points renewal is 20K points.

Given that mine is coming up, I renewed at 20K (really, net 13K after application of the 5K voucher & PC VISA 10% rebate)
Old Aug 8, 2012, 7:14 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
looks like they have advanced the date as its still 8th aug

And what do you know! yesterday no renew
now for oct
now guess what its there
so if I buy now will they send the renew kit straight away or wait till oct( thinking about RA status)
If you wish to renew your Ambassador status by making a purchase, choose one of the following:
Renew for $150 and receive 10,000 bonus points*
Renew for $200 and receive 15,000 bonus points* plus a 10% points rebate on Reward Nights**
Or, if you wish to renew your Ambassador status using Priority Club® points choose the following:
Renew using 24,000 of your Priority Club points and receive 10,000 bonus points*
AMBASSADOR BENEFITS

Last edited by aussielori; Aug 8, 2012 at 11:50 pm
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:35 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by aussielori
If you wish to renew your Ambassador status by making a purchase, choose one of the following:
Renew for $200 and receive 15,000 bonus points* plus a 10% points rebate on Reward Nights**
Or, if you wish to renew your Ambassador status using Priority Club® points choose the following:
Renew using 24,000 of your Priority Club points and receive 10,000 bonus points*
AMBASSADOR BENEFITS
+1 I looked on IHG a few days ago and they had both of these choices but still had the $100 choice with 5,000 Points...

sdcarver
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by aussielori
And what do you know! yesterday no renew
now for oct
now guess what its there
so if I buy now will they send the renew kit straight away or wait till oct( thinking about RA status)
AMBASSADOR BENEFITS
I logged into my account about an hour ago and got the same offers for my renewal. However, the $100 and 5K option was no longer there. So I renewed with points when I saw that it was now 24K points with a 10K point voucher instead of 20K ponts and a 5K point voucher... which is actually better in the final outcome by 1K points ^. I just hope that it's not an error. When I got my email confirmation, it just said that my renewal was pending and should be finalized within 72 hours.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Went to the Ambassador web page, and it said "Renew for $100". Logged in, and the $100 option was not there. The cheapest option was $150 with 10K pts.

Called and got renewed for $100 with 5K pts. Guess that would not have worked tomorrow.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: spg platinum, hyatt diamond, Intercontinental Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
considering the cutbacks that the hotel group has made to the program, i'm not sure if the price increase is justified.
This used to be a program where unlike other hotel loyalty programs, you are actually paying for a guaranteed upgrade. This doesn't appear to be the case.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 12:49 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
is 50 % increase in membership fee justified?

I agree with those who have suggested the increase in membership fees is excessive.

For # years, I happily paid $100........the free weekend night certificate at the Barclay in NYC made it well worth it. I did not renew this year, and the 50 % increase in fees makes it less likely I will.

Now, IHG is selling the Barclay to Qatari investors, and giving $1 B in dividends to its shareholders (The Times, August 8). This is on top of $7.9 billion distributed to IHG investors since 2003. How is it they have $9 billion in excess profits for investors, and need to boost members' fees by 50 % for their frequent guests??

It seems to me this is the "perfect storm" for IHG and a big nightmare for its PR flaks!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 2:45 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks to this thread I renewed just in time to get the old rates, I was going to leave it a couple of weeks. Thanks mnredfox!
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Thanks to this thread I renewed just in time to get the old rates, I was going to leave it a couple of weeks. Thanks mnredfox!
You're welcome. I've been saved many times here at FT when FT-ers alerted me to things company's haven't.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
How things have changed. In the old days I received nice upgrades as an Ambassador. These days nada. With the change in terms for BOGO, it is hard to justify another a renewal. IC will be losing my business to Hyatt, which at least doesn't short me on points when I stay at their top properties in Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.