Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any experience with Holiday Inn hotels in Hongzhou, China?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, United 1K, United MM, Marriott Gold,Priority Club Platinum
Any experience with Holiday Inn hotels in Hongzhou, China?

In August I'll be going to Hangzhou, China for about 10 days and I'm trying to decide which hotels to make a booking.

If anyone has any experience with any of the IC hotels in Hangzhou, I'd really appreciate any comments you might have.

There are two hotels that are now off of my radar due to prior posts in different forums. Both the Crown Plaza and the InterContinental Hotel seems to be in very inconvenient locations for a tourist who does not have a car.

There seems to be only two options remaining, the Holiday Inn Downtown and the Holiday Inn Express. Of course, the Holiday Inn Downtown's website really stresses the location. I would book there, but the Holiday Inn Express is about half the rate of the full service hotel. Would the savings be worth it or should I pay more for the better hotel?

If anyone has any comments on the pros and cons of these hotels, I would really appreciate it. Are there any other options I didn't consider.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
The HIX is near the Crowne Plaza.

HI Downtown is a 10 min taxi ride to West Lake. Old property, refurbished, but small rooms. Lots of restaurants nearby.

IC/HI CBD are a 15-20 min taxi ride to the West Lake.
The IC is a fantastic property right at the river, I would stay there.

There's the Hyatt and Sofitel at the West Lake, which are both nice properties.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:31 am

The HI location is in the centre of towm and is a pretty standard HI. The HIX location is way way from anything but the hotel is fine.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: SQ
Just don't stay at the HIX/CP. They're both right next to a highway
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, United 1K, United MM, Marriott Gold,Priority Club Platinum
Thanks for the comments related to the hotels in Hongzhou, China. I've also checked other websites and it was 100% that the HIX and CP are in areas not meant for tourists without cars. Some comments related to the IC were almost as bad. It seems that there isn't anywhere to eat near the hotel, so they gouge you on their in-house dining. I'll stay at the Holiday Inn downtown for sure.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
We stayed at West Lake had a 3 bedrooms suite on the lake, they also had a nice restaurant even a self serve espresso machine...super omelets,

Was a large military compound, looked like a converted barracks..also went out on a dinner boat they cooked and served the meal one big table...

We have friend there so never seen a bill.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
The National Hotel.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-hk; u8800 Build/FRG83) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by Siambob
Thanks for the comments related to the hotels in Hongzhou, China. I've also checked other websites and it was 100% that the HIX and CP are in areas not meant for tourists without cars. Some comments related to the IC were almost as bad. It seems that there isn't anywhere to eat near the hotel, so they gouge you on their in-house dining. I'll stay at the Holiday Inn downtown for sure.
'Gouge' is certainly exaggerated. Dining options from the IC are a ten minute walk or a two min taxi ride (Large mall as well as local dining). The area around HIX/CP is fairly lively with local restaurants. Neither area requires an "own car", taxis will do at anytime. If you expect Western food etc around your hotel, the HI Downtown is also the wrong place to stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.