FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience with Holiday Inn hotels in Hongzhou, China?
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:22 pm
Siambob

Programs: HHonors Gold, United 1K, United MM, Marriott Gold,Priority Club Platinum
Any experience with Holiday Inn hotels in Hongzhou, China?

In August I'll be going to Hangzhou, China for about 10 days and I'm trying to decide which hotels to make a booking.

If anyone has any experience with any of the IC hotels in Hangzhou, I'd really appreciate any comments you might have.

There are two hotels that are now off of my radar due to prior posts in different forums. Both the Crown Plaza and the InterContinental Hotel seems to be in very inconvenient locations for a tourist who does not have a car.

There seems to be only two options remaining, the Holiday Inn Downtown and the Holiday Inn Express. Of course, the Holiday Inn Downtown's website really stresses the location. I would book there, but the Holiday Inn Express is about half the rate of the full service hotel. Would the savings be worth it or should I pay more for the better hotel?

If anyone has any comments on the pros and cons of these hotels, I would really appreciate it. Are there any other options I didn't consider.