Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intercontinental Malta Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2008, 3:43 am

Programs: LH, HH, PC
Just came back from a weekend at IC Malta. Some updates of prices in Euro:

Airport transfer is 21 Euro each way and can be booked through the concierge. No special price for Ambassadors or Royal Ambassadors is offered. The transfer is with a regular taxi, however the driver is waiting at airport arrivals holding a sign with your name on it. Maybe the advantage in booking the transfer in advance is that you'll be driven in a nice car. We had a large Mercedes both ways.

Broadband Internet is free in all Club rooms. Wi-Fi is 19 Euro per 24 hours.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 6:46 am

I'm sending this from a Panoramic suite, RA upgrade from a club panoramic. Nice room, good staff.

It's worth mentioning that they no longer do any cooked food in the lounge at breakfast, stopped about 6 months ago apparently.

The lounge is OK but a bit limited and charges for alcohol outside certain hours.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 3:06 am

Programs: SQ PPS - M&M SEN - QR Platinum - ITA Executive - IC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by garethmorgan
I'm sending this from a Panoramic suite, RA upgrade from a club panoramic. Nice room, good staff.

It's worth mentioning that they no longer do any cooked food in the lounge at breakfast, stopped about 6 months ago apparently.

The lounge is OK but a bit limited and charges for alcohol outside certain hours.
I have a stay booked somewhere in June, which is a combination of several 241 bookings (none of them has been charged to my creditcard though). I emailed the hotel in advance to secure my upgrade; I would get an upgrade to a Panoramic suite from a booked club panoramic room.

However, after some months of booking, my reservation has not been changed yet and contact with the hotel doesn't give any response...

Did you get your upgrade on time of booking or was it only at check-in?
I also heard that there is no parking fee for Ambassadors in this hotel, do you know if this is still valid?

Furthermore; it appears there is some difference between club panoramic suites, some have terraces, others are facing the back of the hotel,... is this correct?

Thanks for your posts and... enjoy your stay in Malta!
Old Apr 5, 2008, 3:42 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by janvdr
it appears there is some difference between club panoramic suites, some have terraces, others are facing the back of the hotel,... is this correct?
They have very limited number of suites with terraces. Ordinary club suites are located on the top floor and they have only balconies even with pool view:

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med...mming-pool.jpg

If you look at the picture, there's a stepped wing on the left side. On the top floor of it is club lounge, underneath are suites with very large terraces.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
They have very limited number of suites with terraces. Ordinary club suites are located on the top floor and they have only balconies even with pool view:

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med...mming-pool.jpg

If you look at the picture, there's a stepped wing on the left side. On the top floor of it is club lounge, underneath are suites with very large terraces.
The rooms below the club lounge terrace are the best in my opinion. Go down two floors and this is where they have two rooms where the balconies/terraces are the biggest. I had a club room booked but after requesting something nicer than one of their regular club rooms on the top floor they gave me one of these, which we thoroughly enjoyed the rest of our stay.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone here have pictures of a panoramic suite? Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Does anyone here have pictures of a panoramic suite? Thanks!
Your wish is my command.

As we're checking out this morning, it's an unmade room but here you are:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54...n/maltaIC3.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54...n/maltaIC2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54...n/maltaIC1.jpg
Old Apr 7, 2008, 2:30 am

It's a good picture to see terrace suites on four floors.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 6:42 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by htb
Anyway, I'd recommend to rent a car. It's not too expensive and it gives you independence from the buses, which seem all to connect in Valetta in a star-pattern --> very inconvenient.
If Malta ain't the place to save a few tons of CO2 & use the cheap & frequent bus service...I haven't yet seen a place that is. They may all end up in Valletta...but they also go wherever you want. We were staying not far from this hotel, few yrs ago & went direct by bus to places like the ferry for Gozo, Rabat, and easily changed at Valletta for the airport no probs.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 7:14 am

Their bus service is definitely not frequent, but inconvenient and crowded. Also many routes are available only till 6 or 8 in the evening.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 8:47 am

The buses seemed very frequent to me; enough so that we had no worries in waiting for the next one if a bus was full.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 9:11 am

The buses seemed very frequent to me; enough so that we had no worries in waiting for the next one if a bus was full.
Next time you should stay for several days in Mellieha or Gozo. I'm sure you will change such rosy point of view.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
I doubt anyone will disagree with you , with regards to the various outposts of Malta...however the discussion/opinion here is relating to IC Malta, and the surrounding regions of St.Julian's/Sliema etc.

Now, if you wanted to be at a business meeting by x.xx time & was worried about a shirt being creased - definitely take a car or taxi. But the idea of needing one from these areas, on a leisure trip - sounds crazy to me - albeit it's been 4 or 5 years since been there. The whole country's only about 25 sq miles anyways, or something silly - is not that long of a $1 bus ride to endure anywhere.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the pictures, garethmorgan!^
Old Apr 7, 2008, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
Wot's the weather like in mid Oct?

J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.