IC San Francisco vs. IC Mark Hopkins - Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:51 pm

ICSF V MH

The mini bar at the ICSF is much better
Old Mar 14, 2012, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I have stayed at the ICSF on points, never had a paid night there.

One stay had a 1 Bedroom Suite, other 2 stays had a Junior Suite. Both with lounge access, and all RA benefits.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
BBB and Mikep, thanks a lot for your inputs. I think the voice is loud and clear - ICSF.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:50 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
I think MH has a better lounge. But ICSF has Luis, who is just a gem. ^

They both have their pluses. I usually stay at the ICSF "just because I always do" but am going back to the MH at the end of this month because it was cheaper. Plus, it's great exercise walking up the hill to the hotel!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Just wondering, if one books the 1 KING BED CYRIL MAGNIN LUXURY SUITE
Will they upgrade further to a higher suite?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
I think MH has a better lounge. But ICSF has Luis, who is just a gem. ^
If Luis is still working the lounge, I will be changing my booking from MH back to ICH.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
maybe we can merge with:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-hopkins.html?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...mily-6-a.html?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by paul.goffin
If Luis is still working the lounge, I will be changing my booking from MH back to ICH.
He is. I believe he takes one day off a week -- and it's either Fridays or Saturdays (I always forget which it is; I *think* it's Fridays though).

He more than anything else is the reason I put up with all the inconsistencies in service at the ICSF.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
very helpful thread....based on the posts here i've decided to use a bogof & book a junior suite at the icsf....hopefully i'll get an upgrade to a better suite for the 2 nights....
Old Apr 2, 2013, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
very helpful thread....based on the posts here i've decided to use a bogof & book a junior suite at the icsf....hopefully i'll get an upgrade to a better suite for the 2 nights....
There shouldn't be much hopefully about it, the next upgrade from the Junior suite (which is not a junior suite at all just a slightly larger room) is to a suite. I really liked the top floor suite we had at the ICSF on our last visit.

I prefer the ICSF Lounge of the 2 properties but I like the ambience of the MH lounge better.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
There shouldn't be much hopefully about it, the next upgrade from the Junior suite (which is not a junior suite at all just a slightly larger room) is to a suite. I really liked the top floor suite we had at the ICSF on our last visit.
i know but one can always hope for a better upgrade....

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I prefer the ICSF Lounge of the 2 properties but I like the ambience of the MH lounge better.
i doubt we would be spending too much time in the lounge besides using it for breakfast....
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
He is. I believe he takes one day off a week -- and it's either Fridays or Saturdays (I always forget which it is; I *think* it's Fridays though).

He more than anything else is the reason I put up with all the inconsistencies in service at the ICSF.
By the way, Luis now takes two days off a week: Thursdays and Fridays.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
I am planning to stay in SF this weekend.
I am not sure which property to choose from?
We are booking 2 rooms for 4 adults and 2 kids.
I am a Sprite Elite Level and I am using the 'Into the Free Night' certificate and I can book a Delux Room at IC, MH which can accommodate 4 people and ICMH is relatively closer to many attractions - China Town, Nob Hill, Cable Car museum, Grace Cathedral etc, we can walk to all these places with our parents and kids.
Intercontinental SF isn't that far from many attractions either. It also has a Delux room for 4 people/room. Confused.
Do you think I can get a free upgrade, lounge access or even breakfast at any of these properties?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by kay_jay
MH which can accommodate 4 people and ICMH is relatively closer to many attractions - China Town, Nob Hill, Cable Car museum, Grace Cathedral etc, we can walk to all these places with our parents and kids.
Intercontinental SF isn't that far from many attractions either. It also has a Delux room for 4 people/room. Confused.
I reckon your parents will thank you for not staying at the Mark Hopkins if you are thinking of doing much walking. Stay at the ICSF and take a cable car up for your Nob Hill highlights. The California street tram (starting from close to the Embarcadero BART station) is often much easier to access than the mobbed Powell Street one.

ICSF is extremely well positioned for public transport.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:11 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Reviving an old thread here...

I usually stay at the IC.

However, booking my next stay (based on booking a Club Room) could save me $60/night if I stay at the Mark Hopkins instead.

My question is, which CLUB LOUNGE has better FOOD offerings? I don't drink alcohol so I don't care about the bar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.