Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 1:09 am

There's definitely something a bit amiss with Creation's handling of the IHG cards. I planned to get my windows and doors replaced - a process which was delayed by a couple of months due to a glass shortage - and thought I'd pay on the IHG card (as they didn't accept Amex). To that end, I needed a higher credit limit on the card to pay the whole thing. I applied a couple of weeks back and they said they'd give a reply within 5 working days... but nothing came of it. If they can't even reply to a straightforward credit limit request it makes you wonder if they're a bit short-staffed, or whether they might be looking at pulling out of the card market entirely!

(In the end I put the rest of the balance on a Tesco card, not ideal but at least there are a few points from it coming my way).
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by wsc
Has anyone had any resolutions to closed accounts?
I received a letter from Creation on Thursday 2nd. I asked for a pro-rate refund of my annual fee, the free night for which I had met the spend conditions, and queried that points seemed to be no longer accruing. They rejected everything and used the empty, meaningless justification that it was a "business decision". I used the curve card for spending like any normal person would - no funny business.

Just to compound their uselessness: I discovered my card was compromised last month and contacted them. They actually sent me a new card just last week. For an account closing a week later. Genius.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
I've contacted IHG Rewards about this fiasco.
Reply? Tumbleweeds....
Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LostAntipod
I received a letter from Creation on Thursday 2nd. I asked for a pro-rate refund of my annual fee, the free night for which I had met the spend conditions, and queried that points seemed to be no longer accruing. They rejected everything and used the empty, meaningless justification that it was a "business decision". I used the curve card for spending like any normal person would - no funny business.

Just to compound their uselessness: I discovered my card was compromised last month and contacted them. They actually sent me a new card just last week. For an account closing a week later. Genius.
I've not had a reply to mine yet. This is going to cost them a lot in Ombudsman referrals. Seems a false economy vs refunding fee and issuing a free night voucher if people had reached the spend target.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 5:27 am

Any updates on what’s happening regarding the free night as well as missing points since October 21?
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Any updates on what’s happening regarding the free night as well as missing points since October 21?

Creation don't seem to be backing down, with no report of anyone getting a positive outcome to their complaints. Best advice is to complain to the Ombudsmen once your 8 weeks response time is complete.

HFP has a long thread of people's experience

https://www.headforpoints.com/forums...ation-bashing/

Also with Creation withdrawing their other IHG points card, it may be worth trying to encourage IHG to set up another CC card company.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
If I've understood correctly points earned from US IHG credit cards will no longer be elite qualifying? I've not read or heard anything similar for the UK Creation card, anyone know anything?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:17 am

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
If I've understood correctly points earned from US IHG credit cards will no longer be elite qualifying? I've not read or heard anything similar for the UK Creation card, anyone know anything?
I would also be interested to know if anyone knows anything.

I'm half expecting to be told they are pulling the cards completely and exiting the UK credit card market completely.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
There's a table in section 22 of the new terms and conditions explaining what is elite qualifying which states that "Purchases on IHG One Rewards credit cards and Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfers to IHG One Rewards" are non-elite qualifying points. It doesn't mention anything about Creation who are also not in the list of select partner activity which do count as qualifying. On this basis, I can't see that points will qualify any more.

I was already planning to cancel my card as soon as the free night is issued in a few days due to problems I've had with authorisation of some regular payments. I tend to agree that Creation will probably drop the cards altogether at some point. Now Chase are launching banking services in the UK, hopefully they will issue IHG cards at some stage.
adobbing likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:45 am

Looks like those of us still with Creation and achieving status by CC spend are stuffed. I'm furious about this, I've got no chance of retaining Diamond after next February.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Looks like those of us still with Creation and achieving status by CC spend are stuffed. I'm furious about this, I've got no chance of retaining Diamond after next February.
Could always try staying in their hotels to qualify.
antichef likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
Could always try staying in their hotels to qualify.
Helpful (not). I stay in IHG hotels almost exclusively but I have no business travel requirements and my leisure stays don't accrue enough points to qualify for the top tier. Does that make you better than me?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Helpful (not). I stay in IHG hotels almost exclusively but I have no business travel requirements and my leisure stays don't accrue enough points to qualify for the top tier. Does that make you better than me?
Thanks (not) for the arsey reply, I was merely highlighting that the scheme is intended as a reward scheme for people staying in their hotels.

One of the biggest problems with the scheme, was that top tier status is given out too freely, to people who rarely set foot in one their properties.

A loyalty scheme for a hotel company should reward people based on stays in their Hotels, not credit card spend elsewhere.

I’m glad this is now finally being addressed.

As for me being better than you….
I’m a Diamond Ambassador and haven’t set foot in a hotel since last year.

I do though know how to maintain this status, by using the points I have amassed over the 20+ years, that I’ve been a member.

So you decide whether that makes me better!
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
Thanks (not) for the arsey reply, I was merely highlighting that the scheme is intended as a reward scheme for people staying in their hotels.

One of the biggest problems with the scheme, was that top tier status is given out too freely, to people who rarely set foot in one their properties.

A loyalty scheme for a hotel company should reward people based on stays in their Hotels, not credit card spend elsewhere.

I’m glad this is now finally being addressed.

As for me being better than you….
I’m a Diamond Ambassador and haven’t set foot in a hotel since last year.

I do though know how to maintain this status, by using the points I have amassed over the 20+ years, that I’ve been a member.

So you decide whether that makes me better!
You started it with the arsey replies sunshine. I’ll bite my tongue on the rest of your post.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
my card has just renewed for the year and the £99 fee charged. My intention had been to cancel the card as soon as the free night voucher had been issued however as Creation posted both transactions on the same day that wasn’t possible. Does anyone know if I cancel the cars mid year is the free refunded pro-rata?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.