Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Qualifications: 60 qualifying nights including 20 IC nights, minimum 3 different IC properties.

Are reward nights included in the count of qualifying nights?
No.

New discussion could be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1772309-new-ra-qualifying-criteria-based-ic-revenue.html
Print Wikipost

New RA qualifying criteria based on IC nights (July 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 4:38 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Guys, were most of your stays non qualifying or deeply discounted, anything like that. Sure you are looking at RA year, etc?
My nights were all qualifying, I had around 30 more non qual nights not included in my nights total posted! I suspect my issue was only two ICs at the review timepoint, with a third only coming in May. Later this week my stay today at an IC should post, at which time the little routine that runs and asks if you meet the stay xx nights and 3 or more ICs may say make this person an RA, hope so, two kits would be good!
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:16 am

IC stays?

Originally Posted by skeltonl
Just a quick checkpoint for everyone, was informed that 74 paid nights with 5 stays at Intercontinental hotels (10 nights in 3 countries) doesn't make the grade at the moment though they "are monitoring my account to see if they can offer me RA status in the future"
I always thought the number of nights was for IC branded hotels. I was RA for a few years, and it was always based on IC rooms, not HI, CP, etc.

Anyway, I have three IC hotels, and 60 IC nights as of Friday. So we shall see. Yes there another 20 nights of IHG branded hotels in the mix.

in 2009, I had three IC branded hotels for 11 nights, and 118 nights total in the year, mostly CP Kuala Lumpur. No RA that year, but it was no big deal as the CP treated me pretty well, as did most other IHG brands.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 9:21 pm

the Iffyneess of PC is always a worry for me

I often book 2 rooms on my account for 4 or 5 nights and realise that i still only get that crappy few points

I like to know that X = Y

as with all the other brands.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 5:45 am

made it

I had my third IC hotel on Friday, which was posted to my account on the 29. At the same time, i was upgraded to RA.

I have 62 IC nights since renewing my Amb status, and 75 paid nights. Noting that some of these are club rooms and suites.....

So the magic numbers are still three stays, and something less than 75...

Matt
Old Jul 2, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by skeltonl
Just a quick checkpoint for everyone, was informed that 74 paid nights with 5 stays at Intercontinental hotels (10 nights in 3 countries) doesn't make the grade at the moment though they "are monitoring my account to see if they can offer me RA status in the future"
What they tell you on the phone has been shown in the past again and again to be completely random and rarely related to actual practice. It's possible that things have changed recently - but we have been discussing that possibility on this thread for 2 years, and at most all that seems to have happenedf is that the old 50 nights number has edged up a bit.

Stays at 3 Different ICs and around 55 total qualifying ICHG nights (made up of any barnd in any combiantion) has in the past been enough in almost all cases - though there do seem to be periodic reports of unexplained exceptions in a few cases. However, in almost all cases, what the CSAs tell people on the phone has proven to be false.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 11:02 pm
adr

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, IC RA
Where does it say on the site the expiry date of your RA status. I can't seem to see it anywhere on the PC or the Amb sites.

This is my situation - I have 3 months left of RA status, so I assume that I had a review on 1 July. In the "other activity" of my account on the PC site, it lists "Ambassador Renewal" at 2 July 2011. Does that mean that I have not requalified for RA, and they have given me AMB free for the year? Or would that be there anyway? (When I first qualified RA on 15 Feb 2011, it stated "Royal Ambassador Status" in Other Activity)

I was really expecting to re qualify - I have 64 or 65 qualifying nights in the last 12 months, all from IC stays (although low rate ones), in 5 different ICs.

Any thoughts?
Old Jul 4, 2011, 11:44 pm
adr

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, IC RA
Originally Posted by adr
Where does it say on the site the expiry date of your RA status. I can't seem to see it anywhere on the PC or the Amb sites.

This is my situation - I have 3 months left of RA status, so I assume that I had a review on 1 July. In the "other activity" of my account on the PC site, it lists "Ambassador Renewal" at 2 July 2011. Does that mean that I have not requalified for RA, and they have given me AMB free for the year? Or would that be there anyway? (When I first qualified RA on 15 Feb 2011, it stated "Royal Ambassador Status" in Other Activity)

I was really expecting to re qualify - I have 64 or 65 qualifying nights in the last 12 months, all from IC stays (although low rate ones), in 5 different ICs.

Any thoughts?
Okay, I just read the last few pages, and they answer all my questions... sorry for posting before researching
Old Jul 7, 2011, 2:14 am

Oh well, I'm back to plain A after 5 years. Only 49 nights Inc 6 ICs and 11 nights.

Maybe I'll see what my Hilton Diamond I get via Amex is like.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by garethmorgan
Oh well, I'm back to plain A after 5 years. Only 49 nights Inc 6 ICs and 11 nights.

Which AMEX do you have?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Markus1301
Which AMEX do you have?
I'm guessing Centurion which is how I can get Hilton Diamond if I want it. And I am thinking about it as I just learned I need 6 more IHG nights to renew RA. This is the first year I haven't been automatically renewed. Decisions, Decisions.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 3:27 am

I got Gold Status with my AMEX Plat card. Unfortunately only once! Is there a chance to renew it again?

Regarding RA renewal:
I had a 16night stay throughout NYE at the IC Bali. Renewed my RA with those stays and got the fully 20 nights in 2011. I now wondering if they will count to my 2012 RA renewal which is in April 2012.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC

Have you read about dilution of Hilton Diamond in the Hilton thread? I would have tried to reach 55 to keep RA.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:09 am

Which thread are you referring to? Whats the point? You mean the thread about redeeming Hilton points as a diamond?
Old Jul 8, 2011, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold

This is not a big surprise. You could have "stayed" a few night at a cheap HI - a small investment which easily pays off.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Markus1301
Which thread are you referring to? Whats the point? You mean the thread about redeeming Hilton points as a diamond?
This thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ce-points.html

If you study the HH program carefully, there is little value of Diamond above Gold now. And with the ease of hitting Gold, there's no reason to aim for 28 stays or 40K spend on the Surpass. Spend your stays and $$ elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.