Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Qualifications: 60 qualifying nights including 20 IC nights, minimum 3 different IC properties.

Are reward nights included in the count of qualifying nights?
No.

New discussion could be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1772309-new-ra-qualifying-criteria-based-ic-revenue.html
Print Wikipost

New RA qualifying criteria based on IC nights (July 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:20 pm

oi just read this... guess I can stop trying to book an IC on those random times I land in a city with one hoping that I might make RA. As someone mentioned this is reallly going to thin the RA ranks. Those hotels just aren't in enough locations for a domestic US traveler to hit them often least not one like me where my travel is pretty random.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
Originally Posted by dgwright99
I got the down grade letter on 62 ICHG nights, 3 different ICs and 10 IC nights.

One of the ICs was the Venetian, so that could be a wildcard
I was told today that the Alliance Resorts are fine wrt requalification.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
Does anyone get renewed with less than 30 nights at IC hotel?
The lack of responses to this query worries me.

If the 30 night requirement is true, I should be around 3 shy by the time they do the first pass for my renewal (next month sometime), but if it is true that award stays count, I should be fine.

I know this has been beaten to death but it really is so frustrating to not know where the goal posts are.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, Fairmont President's Club, AC Altitude Elite 50K
I'm interested to know too. My Ambassador year ends in January. By early December I should have 30+ IC nights at 6 different hotels. However, I will likely only be at 50 to 57 total nights at IHG properties.

If I'm at, say, 52 total IHG nights but 33 of those are IC nights, would I qualify? I do often book higher rates or Club rooms, however my main IC (the IC Toronto Centre) I often use a corporate rate for the Club Rooms. I'm interested to see how this plays out. No way will I get 70+ nights at IHG properties like some others in this thread, but I do stay a lot of IC nights.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
The lack of responses to this query worries me.

If the 30 night requirement is true, I should be around 3 shy by the time they do the first pass for my renewal (next month sometime), but if it is true that award stays count, I should be fine.

I know this has been beaten to death but it really is so frustrating to not know where the goal posts are.
I was definitely told that only qualifying IC nights count - I was given my current tally of 11 IC nights. I have also had 5 award nights. Alas that is one of the problems with ICHG - inconsistency. I am sure the next person who calls them will get a different answer.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I so far have total 60+ nights and only 25 nights are IC hotel nights (at 4 different IC hotels). It seems now the minimum requirement is 30+ nights at IC hotel. If the rumour is true, I am still 5 nights short. Does anyone get renewed with less than 30 nights at IC hotel?
This should be interesting to know if the criteria changed...
Old Aug 27, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Well I have just failed to requalify. I only qualified in February, and have actually increased my stays this year compared to the corresponding period last year.

My stats for the last 365 days are:

87 qualifying nights:
8 IC (3 properties)
79 others

7 non-qual nights:
5 IC (2 more properties)
2 others

So the requirements appear to me to have changed. When I spoke to them after I didn't renew at the first sweep, they quoted IC nights only (though included award nights).
Old Aug 27, 2011, 1:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by boar
I was told today that the Alliance Resorts are fine wrt requalification.
Looking like the new 30 IC nights requirement is for real.

Fortunately I do have a buddy who stays 30+ IC nights, and who will protest when I force him to accept some points/miles as a thanks for his generosity, but it seems that the days of my getting my own personal referral certs are probably over.

I guess it always seemed to good to be true, and now seemingly it has become so....
Old Aug 27, 2011, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by dgwright99
Looking like the new 30 IC nights requirement is for real.

Fortunately I do have a buddy who stays 30+ IC nights, and who will protest when I force him to accept some points/miles as a thanks for his generosity, but it seems that the days of my getting my own personal referral certs are probably over.

I guess it always seemed to good to be true, and now seemingly it has become so....
Yep I am a believer. Does make a huge difference to me whether award stays are included in the IC figure. Could easily manage 30 if that's the case.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by boar
Yep I am a believer. Does make a huge difference to me whether award stays are included in the IC figure. Could easily manage 30 if that's the case.
Wow, this could be a bummer. Don't think I'll hit 30 IC nights...
Old Aug 28, 2011, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wow, this could be a bummer. Don't think I'll hit 30 IC nights...
This would be great for me - if it is ONLY 30 IC nights. This would prevent me from staying at obscure HIs....
Old Aug 28, 2011, 5:02 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Or maybe it's "at least 30 IC days" in the ~55 usual days req?
Old Aug 28, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by olegator
Or maybe it's "at least 30 IC days" in the ~55 usual days req?
The indications are that this is correct - 5X ICHG nights of which 30 must be IC.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:31 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Darn it - I'm going to have to buy alcohol again

Oh well, it's been good while it lasted
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:16 am

Officially Downgraded

Just checked my account and I have now been officially downgraded. I have 76 nights (15 at 6 different IC)

So the new limit of 30+ at IC seems to be true.

As markdg said it was good while it lasted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.