Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG offers $75 Prepaid Gift Card w/ 2day Weekend

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:34 pm

Does anybody know if bookings made through 3rd party websites (ie. Expedia) qualifies?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:51 pm

never for ihg. no points, no rebates
Originally Posted by bigcahonna
Does anybody know if bookings made through 3rd party websites (ie. Expedia) qualifies?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
I just got an email update & when I clicked on the link, it says my rebate is invalid because it is missing a receipt. I know for a fact that I sent in the receipt with everything else. I managed to lose my original receipt, but reprinted one from the website. In my opinion, that should've worked just fine. Does anybody know a number that I can call to discuss this & see why mine was rejected?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by ordua
never for ihg. no points, no rebates
Usually though it states in the T&Cs that you must book through an ihg website or phone number. This time around, it only specifies that you cannot book the Venetian and Palazzo through anywhere but IHG. I'm thinking it could be booked through Expedia.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ksucats
I just got an email update & when I clicked on the link, it says my rebate is invalid because it is missing a receipt. I know for a fact that I sent in the receipt with everything else. I managed to lose my original receipt, but reprinted one from the website. In my opinion, that should've worked just fine. Does anybody know a number that I can call to discuss this & see why mine was rejected?
This is all starting to sound way too familiar. Sounds like there are legit claims being invalidated for bogus reasons. I know for a fact that I registered for this promo when I saw it pop up here at ft but found out recently that the promo website didn't recognize my log in or email address. I suspect there are PC IT issues - I hope I'm wrong.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist, IGH Rewards Club Spire, HHonors Diamond
Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing

Looks like there's some measure of success on one I mailed in on June 6th.:

Rebate: $75.00 Prepaid Card
Rebate Information For: XXXXXXXXX
Promotion: Vacation Pay! Get a $75 IHG Prepaid MasterCard when you stay two consecutive weekend nights at any IHG brand hotel worldwide. Registration is required in advance of stay.(Valid for US Residents Only).
Submission Type: ON-LINE
Date Received: 06-16-2011
Status Detail: Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: PC Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, DL Gold
Rebate Issues

I submitted requests for two weekends. I completed both at the same time and using the same documentation (both were duplicate receipts that I printed off the PC website). One was deemed okay, while the other had the same error message (No receipt). Sounds like PC is at it again!!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
Mine was kicked back too. It was marked as lacking a transaction code. I think my problem relates back to a Folio that had the two nights purchased and three nights that were promo or points nights. I also had to call CS to get my points for the paid nights. I hope we can sort it out.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 3:18 pm

Good news for me. I didn't find a phone number, but found an email address. The auto-reply said it would be 2-3 days for a reply, but offered a link to a chat. I clicked on it & less than 5 minutes later the rep was able to find my paperwork & verify that it was all there. Now, my status shows I am scheduled for processing.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 3:49 pm

Good news for me. I didn't find a phone number, but found an email address. The auto-reply said it would be 2-3 days for a reply, but offered a link to a chat. I clicked on it & less than 5 minutes later the rep was able to find my paperwork & verify that it was all there. Now, my status shows I am scheduled for processing.
Any chance you could post the link?

Thanks
Old Jun 21, 2011, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Danthecran
Any chance you could post the link?

Thanks
Sure. Here is the link for the chat with customer service. Chat agents are available: Mon to Fri 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM Sat 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM Sun 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM

http://www.rebateshq.com/promocenter...r_service.html
Old Jun 22, 2011, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
This is all starting to sound way too familiar. Sounds like there are legit claims being invalidated for bogus reasons. I know for a fact that I registered for this promo when I saw it pop up here at ft but found out recently that the promo website didn't recognize my log in or email address. I suspect there are PC IT issues - I hope I'm wrong.
I registered on May 20th, and I had a weekend stay on June 17 and 18. When I went to log in to submit the rebate form, my email and zip code were not registered. I re-registered, but now my registration date is June 20th, and you have to register before your stay. There goes $75 . After the June 20th re-register, I received an e-mail stating my registration. On the May 20th register, I didn't get an e-mail/
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz PC, Hyatt Globalist, IGH Rewards Club Spire, HHonors Diamond
Has anyone actually gotten the gift card yet?

If so, do you know if the $75 prepaid gift card is only good for buying things at an IHG property or if its good to buy anything anywhere?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by alxir
If so, do you know if the $75 prepaid gift card is only good for buying things at an IHG property or if its good to buy anything anywhere?
Seems It's a simple metabank prepaid card. Maybe someone can clarify it more deep

-------

The Vacation Pay Prepaid MasterCard is not redeemable for cash or usable at any ATM. Terms and Conditions apply to the card. Subject to applicable law, a monthly maintenance fee of $3 (USD) applies, but is waived for the first six months after the card is issued. The card is issued by MetaBankTM pursuant to license by MasterCard International Incorporated.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Did you find out if your stay counted? I have a Wed-Sun stay coming up and want to know if it counts or not.
Yes, it was valid, and I'm in final processing, whatever that means.

-----

If you want to quickly check the status of your rebate (and you know the rebate number):

http://www.rebatetrack.com/quick/tra...mber=xxxxxxxxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.