Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Kuala Lumpur (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by zebranz
My corporate rate includes breakfast. Two of us (1 room) for 3 nights. Difference for Club Room is $68 a night (all in).

Am I better off:
1. paying for drinks and meals (with Ambassador discount)
2. buying up for club access
3. book a club room for the $204

Thanks
If you plan to spend a lot of time in the hotel and don't eat big dinners: 2 or 3.
If you plan to go out for dinner and are not a heavy drinker: 1.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
If you plan to spend a lot of time in the hotel and don't eat big dinners: 2 or 3.
If you plan to go out for dinner and are not a heavy drinker: 1.
Thanks for advice. I can always drink alcohol..... So now the question is whether to book directly with the hotel a club room or keep the standard room with corporate rate and upgrade.
Since I am Spire Ambassador my feels is to book the Club Room to start, Sometimes having a good corporate rate a disadvantage!
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:14 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Thanks for advice. I can always drink alcohol..... So now the question is whether to book directly with the hotel a club room or keep the standard room with corporate rate and upgrade.
Since I am Spire Ambassador my feels is to book the Club Room to start, Sometimes having a good corporate rate a disadvantage!
I'm seeing many nights in October at US$137++ for Club rooms. My corp rate doesn't include breakfast, for the rooms below Club, and is at US$171 for club and as low as US$101 per night for the standard room. Not sure about the quality of the evening F&B, but I do know that drinks can be pricy going out. The food is definitely better outside though, so it depends on what you like.I'd do the standard room as I prefer to just have coffee and go out.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
I'm seeing many nights in October at US$137++ for Club rooms. My corp rate doesn't include breakfast, for the rooms below Club, and is at US$171 for club and as low as US$101 per night for the standard room. Not sure about the quality of the evening F&B, but I do know that drinks can be pricy going out. The food is definitely better outside though, so it depends on what you like.I'd do the standard room as I prefer to just have coffee and go out.
Thanks for input. I am at end of November and difference is MYR 245++ a night between corporate and Club rate. My corporate rate does not offer club rooms either but does give breakfast. Will make executive decision to ask my traveling companion for decision! This is mid-trip (between Vietnam and Sri Lanka) and hotel food probably good enough (my opinion counts for 1 vote, she gets 5 votes).
Old Oct 15, 2019, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Better not to concentrate only on the transactional!

The Club is certainly one of IHG's nicer, more comfortable spaces; and the team working there really try hard to make it a great experience for guests.

But, yes, the evening and morning food offer is great, even though it has been slimmed down just a little. And there's just about everything you could want in terms of evening drinks. But i think its still 17:30-18:30, which is a bit early if you are working.

The regular, non-lounge, breakfast space is a bit of a zoo, totally off-putting unless you hit it really early.

An unsung benefit of going for club is three pieces of laundry per day. That's laundry, not pressing; and per day, not per stay.

Rooms are, well what they are - a tad shabby in comfortable sort of way, and with not-so-great sound isolation (the lifts are noisy).
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for input. I am at end of November and difference is MYR 245++ a night between corporate and Club rate. My corporate rate does not offer club rooms either but does give breakfast.
This evening I was pro-actively offered at check-in a similar (MYR 250++) upgrade to Club off a breakfast-included corporate rate. I was given an upgrade from Deluxe (entry level) to a high floor corner Premier anyway.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Better not to concentrate only on the transactional!

The Club is certainly one of IHG's nicer, more comfortable spaces; and the team working there really try hard to make it a great experience for guests.

But, yes, the evening and morning food offer is great, even though it has been slimmed down just a little. And there's just about everything you could want in terms of evening drinks. But i think its still 17:30-18:30, which is a bit early if you are working.

The regular, non-lounge, breakfast space is a bit of a zoo, totally off-putting unless you hit it really early.

An unsung benefit of going for club is three pieces of laundry per day. That's laundry, not pressing; and per day, not per stay.

Rooms are, well what they are - a tad shabby in comfortable sort of way, and with not-so-great sound isolation (the lifts are noisy).
Just wanted to confirm the evenings drinks are now only available for 1 hour as I read 2 hours in a couple of reviews but this was over a year ago?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Just wanted to confirm the evenings drinks are now only available for 1 hour as I read 2 hours in a couple of reviews but this was over a year ago?
Sorry! mortified to read my slip of the finger over such crucial timings

Evening drinks last for two hours from 17:30. They start whisking the food away on the dot, but there's a degree of generosity in last orders. The lounge itself remains open until much later.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Sorry! mortified to read my slip of the finger over such crucial timings
Exactly! Most important part of the lounge offering for us Brits!

Evening drinks last for two hours from 17:30. They start whisking the food away on the dot, but there's a degree of generosity in last orders. The lounge itself remains open until much later.
Great stuff thank you! Think I am going to go for the IC now that's confirmed.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 1:26 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Seems that there is a flash sale happening now for this hotel.free cancellation rate for club room as low as RM 345+
Old Aug 15, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Can’t find anywhere to post this piece of info so post it here
Interesting to see a Regent and Kimpton opening in KL and both are in the new TRX project IHG has signed a management agreement with LQ Retail to open Malaysia’s first Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur come 2023.

The hotel will form part of The Exchange TRX, a 6.8ha mixed development comprising six residential towers, an office building, a retail mall, and a 4ha rooftop park.

The 471-room Kimpton Kuala Lumpur will feature three F&B outlets including a rooftop bar and restaurant, as well as a deli-grocer café. Other amenities will include an outdoor rooftop swimming pool, a gym, as well as a range of meeting and event spaces.

https://www.ttgasia.com/2020/08/11/m...-kuala-lumpur/
Old Aug 17, 2020, 2:04 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by teo1991
Can’t find anywhere to post this piece of info so post it here
Interesting to see a Regent and Kimpton opening in KL and both are in the new TRX project IHG has signed a management agreement with LQ Retail to open Malaysia’s first Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur come 2023.

The hotel will form part of The Exchange TRX, a 6.8ha mixed development comprising six residential towers, an office building, a retail mall, and a 4ha rooftop park.

The 471-room Kimpton Kuala Lumpur will feature three F&B outlets including a rooftop bar and restaurant, as well as a deli-grocer café. Other amenities will include an outdoor rooftop swimming pool, a gym, as well as a range of meeting and event spaces.

https://www.ttgasia.com/2020/08/11/m...-kuala-lumpur/
Well, given that there are some overlapping, I leave this post as information in this thread about the IC Kuala Lumpur.

However, there is a dedicated thread about new properties: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...disposals.html where this for example could have been posted.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Jan 2, 2023, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Detailed review of my stay in December 2022

What is your IHG One Rewards status?
Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay ?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest rate, and received the Royal Suite.

How are the rooms?
Huge!
250 sqm large

Bedroom with huge and comfortable bed.
  • Seating area with Charles et Ray Eames lounge chair.
  • Bang & Olufsen Beoplay A9 Bluetooth sound system (just perfect to connect the iPad and watch a movie or listen to your music)
  • Large curved Samsung television set with good selection of cable channels.
  • No Chromecast.
  • Amazing Ogawa massage chair (just perfect after a long day walking around the city).
  • Electric curtain opener
  • Usb and power sockets next to the bed.

Very nice and large marble bathroom separate walk-in shower and Jacuzzi.
Byredo Bal d’Afrique toiletries.

Separate toilets with Toto Washlet.

Illy coffee espresso machine, kettle.

Massive living room with dining area, sitting area.
Open bar.

Kitchen with microwave, wine cooler, espresso machine.

Very quiet.

View over the city.

PressReader free access.

How is the exec. lounge?
Quite nice.

Dining area around buffet and cooking station.
Seating area
Mezzanine floor with seating area and meeting room.
Balcony

Very good breakfast with à la carte eggs menu (I also tried the breakfast at main restaurant: wider choice but definitely not as exclusive atmosphere, even if I was impressed by efficiency of the service, despite the huge number of guests).

Afternoon tea with fresh juices, (delicious) biscuits.

Evening cold/hot options (hot options and pastries may be disappointing).

Staff is friendly but service can be sometimes rather disorganized.

Club InterContinental comes with complementary laundry and pressing service up to 3 pieces per day.

What was good and what was bad?
Good
- Convenient location (just opposite Ampang Park metro station, 2 minutes from Persiaran KLCC MRT station, and free Go KL City Green bus line)
- Pleasant club lounge
- Pretty nice pool area (but it can be noisy because of construction works and air conditioning units nearby)
- Massive and very comfortable suite.

Bad
- Nothing.

Value for $ or IHG One Rewards Point? Would you return?
Yes.

The quality of service at the hotel is not at the level of the one received at other best Asian InterContinental hotels (but quite the same issue with other luxury hotels in Kuala Lumpur), but the property is solid and pleasant, and I enjoyed very much the city of Kuala Lumpur.

I have the opportunity to meet the GM: she definitely has the energy and the talent to make the InterContinental Kuala Lumpur a very enjoyable property.

Still, it will be interesting to see soon the offer at future Indigo, Kimpton and Regent properties.

Exterior

Royal Suite

Open bar area

Bedroom

Bathroom

Separate toilets

Guests toilets

Dressing

Minibar and coffee station

Kitchen

View from the room

Welcome gift

New year gift

Pool area

Fitness centre

Tatsu restaurant

New Year’s Eve celebration

Last edited by nicolas75; Jan 3, 2023 at 3:36 am
Old Jan 2, 2023, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Club InterContinental and buffet breakfast at Serena Brasserie

Club lounge

Breakfast

Evening spread

Breakfast at Serena Brasserie

Last edited by nicolas75; Jan 3, 2023 at 6:32 am
Old Jan 2, 2023, 8:10 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Thanks for all the Fantastic pictures
I never check what's the wine and champagne offering in this club lounge, from your photo quite many bottles are highly rated wine \champagne.

I travelling with children so I had to go lobby bar for HH. There they dont serve champagne, only sparkling wine
nicolas75 likes this.

Last edited by jiunsoh; Jan 2, 2023 at 7:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.