Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador enrolment will now be $200 from July 01, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:11 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Eliminating the bottom skimmers to strengthen the program for those of us who stay on. The fewer the number of Ambassadors the more available the benefits. A very sound business move so I welcome the disgruntled to drop away so those of us who remain get better treatment.
I have dropped away and have no plans to renew. I now spend my money in other hotels. So I don't really see how that is a sound business move on the part of IC.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 1:39 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 3:56 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by olegator
Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
a good one..^
Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by jcbranch
It worked for me. I paid $150 and now stay regularly. I also like the benefits, a suite upgrade at the IC paris for my honeymoon was worth 5 times the price.
I totally concur. If it wasn't for reading this board and finding out about benefits of Ambassador, I would not have considered Intercon. But, now I stay regularly, as these benefits are great. I've already renewed early so will have to see what the renewal price will be next year but I'm sure I'll renew unless the increase is dramatic.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hilton HHonors Silver VIP, Platinum Ambassador,
Thumbs up

This is unbelievable- my Ambassador status expires May 2010 but my renewal payment for $100 was accepted online! I called the service center to confirm the renewal fee of only $100 and got a positive response that yes I can have my Plat Ambassador status for another year for only $100 and will still get my free certificate and 5000 bonus points despite my expired status! What a great relief for me and my wife. I will make sure that I renew before my status expires next year as I was informed over the phone that renewal fee will NOT change.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by Abdulah70
This is unbelievable- my Ambassador status expires May 2010 but my renewal payment for $100 was accepted online! I called the service center to confirm the renewal fee of only $100 and got a positive response that yes I can have my Plat Ambassador status for another year for only $100 and will still get my free certificate and 5000 bonus points despite my expired status! What a great relief for me and my wife. I will make sure that I renew before my status expires next year as I was informed over the phone that renewal fee will NOT change.
Where did you place your renewal payment; on the ICH website or on the IC site ?
Old Jul 6, 2010, 2:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
It was always said renewal fee will not increase.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by no_idea
Where did you place your renewal payment; on the ICH website or on the IC site ?
I logged on to http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...mbassador/home
where I was prompted to renew online for $100 yesterday. Now I see that my Platinum Ambassador status was renewed. I don't know if there's an ongoing promotion to renew for $100 or if an exemption was given in my case. I'm feeling lucky! My wife and I will be using again our free night certificate at the InterContinental Frankfurt in September.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:40 am

Smile

Originally Posted by no_idea
I was prompted to renew for $100 at http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...mbassador/home
Old Jul 7, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: PC Plat Amb, KrisFlyer, BMI, OnePass, Flying Blue, MilleMiglia
Renewal is on the IC site.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Abdulah70
my Ambassador status expires May 2010 but my renewal payment for $100 was accepted online! I called the service center to confirm the renewal fee of only $100 and got a positive response that yes I can have my Plat Ambassador status for another year for only $100 and will still get my free certificate and 5000 bonus points despite my expired status!
Their reply was not wholly accurate: unlike last year, a $100 renewal will now take you 1 year past expiration date, not renewal date. There always was a few months' leeway to renew after expiration.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: PC Plat Amb, KrisFlyer, BMI, OnePass, Flying Blue, MilleMiglia
I'm in two minds what to do. I enjoyed the benefits when I stayed in the IC Park Lane at the end of last year and have an upcoming trip to Oz/Singapore where the IC Sydney and Singapore are contenders. I'm not sure if I'll be better off in the Priority Privilege programme though.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Eliminating the bottom skimmers to strengthen the program for those of us who stay on. The fewer the number of Ambassadors the more available the benefits. A very sound business move so I welcome the disgruntled to drop away so those of us who remain get better treatment.
I could not agree more. USD 200 is still a steal if you make use of the status.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 4:24 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Lucky I became a 1st time member in end May 2010

But I hope they add some more benefits for Ambassadors which are tangible such as Comp Breakfast or Comp Club Access.

The way some hotels are introducing new catagories of rooms so that they can avoid upgrading to a Suite / Club Access room is very much a negative to the system of Amb / RA.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Would have been nice to have more than 1 day notice. Thanks though to OP for the last minute alert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.