Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Constructive Suggestions To Help IHG Meet Customer Expectations - 021710

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Constructive Suggestions To Help IHG Meet Customer Expectations - 021710

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2010, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by pmaddock
2. Do something about the 'wall' between IC and the rest of the brands.
3. Raise the earnings bar - either create another tier or raise the number of points to get Plat. I say this with some hesistation as I rather like being able to earn Plat at IHG and Diamond at Hilton but I'm fairly sure the bar is going to have to be raised to get better sustainable Plat benefits. I hope its just raising the point accumulation level though. Being able to get status with points is one of the things that differentiates the program in that it truly rewards the overall business a customer gives both IHG and its partners while taking volume into account.
4. Room upgrade rewards - how about being able to pay more points to get a better room or upgrade guaranteed?

"being able to pay more points to get a better room or upgrade guaranteed" is a great idea. I normally get a comp on a points stay but would pay a premium to make sure I get what I want rather than gamble on it...Nice if PC picked up on that one.

I think the status levels currently ie Gold/Plat work for IHG's customer base (if Plat benefits are consistant) but its seems volume travellers feel left out and its a hot button issue. Wonder what the existing Amb Status would look like if it could only be attained by nights only say 75 a yr and special status in non-IC's as well and you still got the buy 1 get 1 free cert (any day) + HI type points opportunites
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'd love to see IHG allow you to double dip with points and miles ala Hilton.

Plus I'd like for the last of the old style HIX properties to be upgraded to the new standards by the end of the year. I'm looking at you, North Las Vegas, NV.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Assuming its 2 suggestions per day.....

1 - Cleaning standards. Too open to interpretation by location. They need to enforce as seriously as they do the HIX breakfast rule. Locations fear those random audits. Sign me up for secret shopper stays

2 - Pet peeve - Gap under the door. Some locations already cover it with a flexible cover but 98% don't and its sometimes a serious noise/light leak. Of course when you put a towel down the designated "under the door bill pushing person" at 4am makes enough noise to wake you up. I'll save the "plopping newspapers down the hall way guy" at 5am for another suggestion
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
it's too easy to become plat that's why the benefits have been watered down, raise the level to 100k or introduce a new level, Diamond or whatever.
Completely agree. Platinum doesn't seem very special when I've regularly requalified by March.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by tigerwouldnt2009
Sounds like a joke but PCR has been seeding the marketplace with promotions to drive business their way and quite a few are untargeted but are "allowed" public access by not being having a control feature activated. Of course the public devours the free candy and loads their account up with it. Then someday, like last Thursday, you have a problem and your account history shows a long list of untargeted promotions that PCR allowed you to access. But the evidence shows you broke past T&C's frequently. Guilty as charged. Like a Police Officer who lets drivers speed all day but when The Boss is around nails everything faster than a turtle, PCR has been inconsistent and needs to set a new legitimate level of permissible activity. Obviously the market devours PCR opportunites so why not turn most untargeted promotions into public access, open up participation within the terms, and stop looking the other way when its convenient. PCR keeps a lucrative traffic generator and PCR members have fun, guilt free.
Okay, I see what you're saying now. If I read you correctly, you're saying all offers should be open to all.... rather than being targetted and "guilty pleasures".

I've never had to query my account, but every time I sign up for a promo on here I put "chat room / blog" for location of promo. I figure they can then take them away from me if they wish.... although they never have. (Here's hoping that continues...)

Having said that, I have noticed that I'm able to register for fewer promos this year (so far) than last.

Originally Posted by kanerf
.....All other promotions should be targeted to eliminate the free-for-all that we have experienced in this forum, which has been a lot of fun, but really needs to stop as this latest fiasco demonstrates. ....
Hi kanerf. I'm confused as to what this "latest fiasco" is. Are you referring to tigerwouldnt2009's post above, or is there something else going on that I haven't heard about?

Cheers
Old Feb 18, 2010, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=markdg;13415072]Okay, I see what you're saying now. If I read you correctly, you're saying all offers should be open to all.... rather than being targetted and "guilty pleasures".

Idea is PCR should "legalize" all the "Points" everyone is smoking. If its sanctioned by the authorities change the laws and stop busting buddy whats his name under vague rules. Assuming of course you don't like being profiled as an outlaw deviant, non diligent, scripting, points theft and have your account arrested. I'd prefer not to be.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by markdg
Hi kanerf. I'm confused as to what this "latest fiasco" is. Are you referring to tigerwouldnt2009's post above, or is there something else going on that I haven't heard about?

Cheers
I was refering to the recent problem with many accounts being locked for an audit which took up to a week to clear. I would consider that to be a fiasco. My account was not audited, but then I did not take part in the promo that seemed to set off the audit.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by kanerf
I was refering to the recent problem with many accounts being locked for an audit which took up to a week to clear. I would consider that to be a fiasco. My account was not audited, but then I did not take part in the promo that seemed to set off the audit.
I clearly HAD missed the big news. I've just looked through the other threads on here and found the interesting one. This thread makes a lot more sense now
Old Feb 18, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

1. This should be an option. Benefits for paid stays or benefits for award stays.

2. I want benefits for award stays. I could care less on business about the free drinks, food, rooms, etc...I'm on business - it's all an expense.

3. I need the free bits on vacation.

Let me choose where my benefits apply.

I want a suite on vacation - I'll take what I pay for on business.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by Pakse
2. I want benefits for award stays....
+1

Other hotel chains give full elite benefits on reward night stay. Why not IHG? I need full RA benefits on reward nights at IC, not just a miserable standard room with no view.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:28 pm

maybe customers should have a lower expectation at first. sometime one missed the train and felt upset, sometime one caught the train and felt lucky, but on average the waiting time is the same for everyone over time.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

Fastest way I have hit Diamond with Hilton is 28 stays in 28 nights.

Fastest way I have hit Platinum with IHG is 5 stays - 60k points (promotions kicked in, including IC 15k, plus a stack of other promotions) - but 60k points is fast. I did the 5 stays in 2 weeks. Insta Plat.

Yes - there seriously needs to be a level added for (butt-in-room).

But I am still stuck on my first point - I want benefits on award stays - we do what we do (many of us) for those family trips -- it seems like we are being cheated when the one time we have a chance to enjoy a suite (closing a door to the parents bedroom) is the one time we get a standard room at the IC.

Just my two cents.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Feb 19, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Melia Silver
1. no benefits on award stays is the biggest problem for me
2. option for either 2000 points at IC or room rate based as at HI/CP
3. apply Ambassador benefits to CP and HI properties
Old Feb 20, 2010, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bumburuck
1. no benefits on award stays is the biggest problem for me
Seems to be a red flag issues with many in all IHG brands. No option to select or quarantee a room of choice on redemption stays. True the vast majority pay for business stays and their reward is a free personal stay on vacation etc and getting a poor to plain room and "hope" for mercy at the front desk is a big negative. To some its offensive to be a second class guest when you obviously earned the free stay through loyalty stays.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by tigerwouldnt2009
Seems to be a red flag issues with many in all IHG brands. No option to select or quarantee a room of choice on redemption stays. True the vast majority pay for business stays and their reward is a free personal stay on vacation etc and getting a poor to plain room and "hope" for mercy at the front desk is a big negative. To some its offensive to be a second class guest when you obviously earned the free stay through loyalty stays.

I find its a mixed bad as some put you in a nice room while others try to stick you with a crappy room unless you press the point early (before you checkin or take the luggage in)....I always get the key first and do a pre-inspection now). Generally it forced me to buy personal stays if I feel uncomfortable about the hotels sincerity in providing suitable rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.