Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Booking with OTA / Frequent Flyer attribution

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

When booking with OTA, how can I make sure that Frequent Flyer gets attributed to my intended Program?

Sometimes I noticed that many these sites do not provide a place to input any Frequent Flyer at all.
(for example Ovago)

I called a couple of them and half of the time the rep who picked up either say it's not possible, or they don't know.
The other half say to call them after you book it to add it.

I'm a bit worried that even if I call and they add it, it may end up not working because "some people made some mistake".

How do people deal with this?

Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2024, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chairmanmao
When booking with OTA, how can I make sure that Frequent Flyer gets attributed to my intended Program?

Sometimes I noticed that many these sites do not provide a place to input any Frequent Flyer at all.
(for example Ovago)

I called a couple of them and half of the time the rep who picked up either say it's not possible, or they don't know.
The other half say to call them after you book it to add it.

I'm a bit worried that even if I call and they add it, it may end up not working because "some people made some mistake".
How do people deal with this?
Airlines have a "manage my booking" where you can add the ffn yourself. Never seen an airline that does not, but may be some.
But that is assuming the flight is eligible to earn ff miles/avois/points. Not all cheap flights earn.
And some are "selling" award flights with other peoples ff miles.
Just book direct with the airline
SPN Lifer and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Call the airline.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Did the OTA provide you with a booking code for the airline? If so, you may be able to add it by going to the airline website and using the booking code to lookup and manage the booking.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No need to spend time on this with the OTA. You can usually look up the PNR afterwards on the website or app of the airline and enter the information there; or as a last resort you can enter your FFP during OLCI or at the check-in counters. I couldn't care less if I'm able to enter FFP when purchasing a ticket with the OTA.
moondog and beckoa like this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 12:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Please follow the redirect as we relocate this to our OTA forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.