Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Is AGODA CASHBACK the ultimate scam?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM

They advertise it as a part of the price of a hotel (you pay a higher price and get cashback later) but when you actually go to the terms and conditions:5. Please note that the cashback reward, being a gift from Agoda to you as a valued User, is at and shall remain at all times in Agoda’s sole and absolute discretion. You understand and accept that Agoda will not at any time incur any obligation to you in respect of the cashback reward, and you will not have any claim against Agoda in respect of the cashback reward. Agoda reserves the right to discontinue the cashback reward program at any time following which the User will not be eligible to request and receive any further cashback reward (including any cashback reward in respect of which the Earn Date (as defined in Clause 7 below) has been reached) whether by way of set-off or otherwise, save for any cashback reward which has already been requested by the User by way of submission of the Cashback Information.

How can this possibly be legal? I ask because I have been trying for days to redeem it on the app, doing all the things they require and I keep getting an error saying
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:43 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Never had issues using my cashback.... I usually use it as soon as possible, for the exact reason stated that they can discontinue it whenever they want.
I always compare prices with and without the cashback. Quite often, the price with cashback is higher than the non-cashback one... which renders it useless... and that's when I would kinda call it a scam....
Old Apr 1, 2024, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
After hassling them for days, they offered to convert it to agoda rewards. Which of course is a much worse product - I only have 6 months to use it - but I do book hotels reasonably regularly so hopefully I will manage to get the value before it vanishes!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.