Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

British Airway is charging me for seat despite being Platinum Pro on American Airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airway is charging me for seat despite being Platinum Pro on American Airline

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa. united, avis president

I am trying to buy a ticket to Europe from USA on British airways. I am platinum pro on American Airlines. However, despite putting my AA number, it charges me for seats
What should I do?
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jackthetraveller
I am trying to buy a ticket to Europe from USA on British airways. I am platinum pro on American Airlines. However, despite putting my AA number, it charges me for seats
What should I do?
Go back into the booking after you have completed the purchase, and try again. You should have no problem snagging free seats then.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by guv1976
Go back into the booking after you have completed the purchase, and try again. You should have no problem snagging free seats then.
Agree. Though yesterday I bought an AA,AY, BA itinerary, and though they said they added the FF to record, and although I added the FF# to record on website, I still had to call and add it before I could choose (comp) seats.

Funny, I called AY to select a seat, as I couldn't online. The agent said that my FF wasn't in there and both AA and AY would be disappointed if I had to pay for the seat selection. I suggested it would be nice if AA held EXP in as high a regard as AY seemingly does. Very pleasant chap, though like everywhere right now, had to wait +15 mins for an agent. It was a 1.75 hr wait for AA EXP call back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.