Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adding travellers

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2023, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Adding travellers

How do I add travellers to an existing reservation?
Old May 8, 2023, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You can't. You need to create a new reservation/PNR for the additional travellers. Or cancel the existing reservation/ticket and book a new from scratch for all travellers (you need to check refund rules first)
Old May 8, 2023, 3:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
Would linking separate reservations solve your problem?

To the OP, while you may need to make multiple reservations to add new people to your traveling party, it is also possible for airlines to link reservations after they are made so the system recognizes people are traveling together.

For example, as a mom flying with kids, sometimes I would book myself and the younger child, then later buy a ticket for the eldest after a school scheduling question was answered. I still wanted to sit with my kids, especially when they were young! Once I learned separate reservations could be "linked," I worried less about having two separate bookings.

On my usual airline, Alaska, I can even link the tickets myself after purchase by going to the "Trip Details" and then entering the other confirmation number. Here's what that looks like with that airline.

My spouse and I virtually always have separate bookings, either because his is paid for by work, or because I want to take a few extra days on one end of a trip or the other and he does not... Separate bookings is usually not a problem.

I hope that helps!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.