Wiki Posts
Search

DOT Consumer Complaint Website Down?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2023, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
DOT Consumer Complaint Website Down?

A couple of weeks ago, I was scheduled to fly out of CAE on AA. My flight was delayed significantly, and one option I was given was to fly out of CLT and be reimbursed for the Uber from CAE to CLT, which would get me to my final destination about an hour later than initially planned (the difference between a connection and a non-stop). This also means, as far as I can tell, that credit card trip delay insurance wouldn't apply. AA is now refusing to reimburse the Uber, and I'd like to file at DOT Complaint, as I probably wouldn't have taken this change had I known I'd be out about $200 for an Uber. That said, it seems as though the DOT Consumer Complaint page is down:

https://www.transportation.gov/airco...umer-complaint

Are others finding this to be the case? If so, does anyone know if this is a permanent change, or just temporary maintenance?
Old May 5, 2023, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Yes, the "File a Complaint" engine seems to be down at the moment. You can either try again over the weekend and/or next, or submit your complaint by postal mail.

What evidence, if any, do you have that AA promised to reimburse you for an Uber?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 5, 2023, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Unfortunately it was over phone, so all I have is the name of the customer service agent I spoke to. When I asked about it at the airport, I was told I'd need to submit online, but that online customer service would be able to handle it. So a few agents all confirmed it was something that AA reimbursed for, but that's not the message I'm getting from online customer service.
Old May 5, 2023, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by benjseagull
Unfortunately it was over phone, so all I have is the name of the customer service agent I spoke to. When I asked about it at the airport, I was told I'd need to submit online, but that online customer service would be able to handle it. So a few agents all confirmed it was something that AA reimbursed for, but that's not the message I'm getting from online customer service.
And I assume that you did not record the call.

While anything is possible, I would not be too sanguine about your chances of success. I would have asked the airport agent to note in your PNR that you would be reimbursed for your Uber to CLT, and then requested that the agent print a copy of the PNR for your records. (Whether the agent could or would have done that, I do not know.)
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.