Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

How can I avoid Lufthansa K fare code when booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2023, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

I am a mileage plus member and often fly Lufthansa within Europe. How can I avoid the dreaded K class (only 25% points) when booking Lufthansa? I tried to do it directly with Lufthansa but the fares are much higher through their phone center. I've been told to use a travel agent, but I don't know any and most of the ones on the web I find see to be for booking entire vacations not just simple flights. Can someone recommend a place or travel agent that would book simple Lufthansa tickets in S, T, or L fare codes without adding on a huge commission?
Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
FT has travel agents.

You can also use ITA Matrix and the Powertools extension.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steveholt
FT has travel agents.

You can also use ITA Matrix and the Powertools extension.
Thanks for the info. How do I find the Travel Agents on FT? I searched the terms travel agencies and came up with 993 hits but none of the first hundred threads had travel agents as their thread title.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I would start a thread saying looking for a TA to book a fare - that should get the job done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.