Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Work dinner, will I make it?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Work dinner, will I make it?

Landing CMB-CDG at 1920, and have a work dinner at the Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris at 2130. I will be in J with zero checked bags, only hand luggage. Can anyone chime in how long (typically) I should expect to take to deplane and make it curbside for a taxi on a Friday evening?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 9:26 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
I'd say your odds are pretty good. With no bag checked, front of plane, you should clear customs fairly quickly. The ride from CDG to the Park Hyatt (nice choice) should be a little over an hour.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 10:06 am

Last time I was in CDG (a few months ago) it took an hour from getting off the plane (in J) to taxi pickup. It definitely felt longer, with the hot and cramped bus ride from the ramp to customs. I did have to wait for a checked bag, too. So you should be fine.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:01 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
You should be able to make it. I would check the estimated time for traffic -- Motorcycle taxis can be faster if you don't have much luggage.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Did this same jaunt a few weeks back. Even with a slow start to customs, at the same rough time of night, made it in 1 hour and 30 minutes. I didn’t push it on speed either.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wutlol
Did this same jaunt a few weeks back. Even with a slow start to customs, at the same rough time of night, made it in 1 hour and 30 minutes. I didn’t push it on speed either.
To clarify, was it 1 hour 30 min to the taxi stand or to the Park Hyatt?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by rnbwdsh
To clarify, was it 1 hour 30 min to the taxi stand or to the Park Hyatt?
From door opening on my plane to door opening on my taxi at the PH.

Looking at my watch data, it was 1 hour and 33 minutes - I can’t promise any reasonably accurate precision beyond that!
becks1 and rnbwdsh like this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wutlol
From door opening on my plane to door opening on my taxi at the PH.

Looking at my watch data, it was 1 hour and 33 minutes - I can’t promise any reasonably accurate precision beyond that!
On a side note, how was the PH? My wife will be with me, and I’m hoping I made a good pick for accommodations. (Both our first time in Paris)
Old Jan 18, 2023, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
On a side note, how was the PH? My wife will be with me, and I’m hoping I made a good pick for accommodations. (Both our first time in Paris)
It's very nice, although it doesn't get the best reviews over in the Hyatt forum these days.
wutlol likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 2:01 am

I am a very poor performing Globalist, having switched to booking on RocketMiles to maximize my AA LP. Despite this was given an upgrade, greeted by name when walking in, got all the expected amenities and treated very well. I know this is considered an abnormal stay per the FT Hyatt sub but I had a splendid time.
rnbwdsh likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.