FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Information Desk (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk-730/)
-   -   Work dinner, will I make it? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/information-desk/2108466-work-dinner-will-i-make.html)

rnbwdsh Jan 18, 2023 7:08 am

Work dinner, will I make it?

Landing CMB-CDG at 1920, and have a work dinner at the Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris at 2130. I will be in J with zero checked bags, only hand luggage. Can anyone chime in how long (typically) I should expect to take to deplane and make it curbside for a taxi on a Friday evening?

paterwdb Jan 18, 2023 9:26 am

I'd say your odds are pretty good. With no bag checked, front of plane, you should clear customs fairly quickly. The ride from CDG to the Park Hyatt (nice choice) should be a little over an hour.

DLHubber Jan 18, 2023 10:06 am

Last time I was in CDG (a few months ago) it took an hour from getting off the plane (in J) to taxi pickup. It definitely felt longer, with the hot and cramped bus ride from the ramp to customs. I did have to wait for a checked bag, too. So you should be fine.

noah Jan 18, 2023 11:01 am

You should be able to make it. I would check the estimated time for traffic -- Motorcycle taxis can be faster if you don't have much luggage.

wutlol Jan 18, 2023 3:01 pm

Did this same jaunt a few weeks back. Even with a slow start to customs, at the same rough time of night, made it in 1 hour and 30 minutes. I didn’t push it on speed either.

rnbwdsh Jan 18, 2023 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by wutlol (Post 34936984)
Did this same jaunt a few weeks back. Even with a slow start to customs, at the same rough time of night, made it in 1 hour and 30 minutes. I didn’t push it on speed either.

To clarify, was it 1 hour 30 min to the taxi stand or to the Park Hyatt?

wutlol Jan 18, 2023 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by rnbwdsh (Post 34937001)
To clarify, was it 1 hour 30 min to the taxi stand or to the Park Hyatt?

From door opening on my plane to door opening on my taxi at the PH.

Looking at my watch data, it was 1 hour and 33 minutes - I can’t promise any reasonably accurate precision beyond that!

rnbwdsh Jan 18, 2023 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by wutlol (Post 34937438)
From door opening on my plane to door opening on my taxi at the PH.

Looking at my watch data, it was 1 hour and 33 minutes - I can’t promise any reasonably accurate precision beyond that!

On a side note, how was the PH? My wife will be with me, and I’m hoping I made a good pick for accommodations. (Both our first time in Paris)

steveholt Jan 18, 2023 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by rnbwdsh (Post 34937571)
On a side note, how was the PH? My wife will be with me, and I’m hoping I made a good pick for accommodations. (Both our first time in Paris)

It's very nice, although it doesn't get the best reviews over in the Hyatt forum these days.

wutlol Jan 19, 2023 2:01 am

Originally Posted by rnbwdsh (Post 34937571)

I am a very poor performing Globalist, having switched to booking on RocketMiles to maximize my AA LP. Despite this was given an upgrade, greeted by name when walking in, got all the expected amenities and treated very well. I know this is considered an abnormal stay per the FT Hyatt sub but I had a splendid time.