Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cypriot Police - Crime Report

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2022, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Question Cypriot Police - Crime Report

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but I did a search and couldn’t see anything.

We holidayed in Paphos back in June. Unfortunately our villa was broken into and items were stolen.

The villa owner contacted us to say the alarm had activated and that they had checked the house to find the back door kicked in, the safe smashed open and chlorine poured everywhere.

The police were called and attended shortly afterwards, checked everything out, wrote out a Crime Report and gave us the reference number. We asked for a copy of the report, but we were told we couldn’t have it, but they gave use the Crime Report Reference Number and said we would need to put that on our insurance claim and the insurers would need to contact them for a copy of the report directly.

Upon returning home we duly submitted out claim and after a long wait we were asked by them to submit a copy of the report. I emailed them back stating what the police had told us and asked them to contact the police. They responded by saying that it was our responsibility to provide the report not theirs.

We have since contacted the police in Cyprus directly and are now being asked to pay €100 to them in order for them to send us a copy of the report!

Has anyone else had any issues with this or got any advice?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:18 am

Ask your consulate and/or the tourist police if this is typical. If so, pay the $100.
DD1976 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
They used to charge something like €80 or 85 for this, and they may have raised the fee since. Cypriot police can confirm the details to an insurance company for free over the phone when no document is required to be sent.

Provide the insurance company the phone number for the police + the report reference number and see if they accept that. Otherwise, it will require paying to get the report unless you can get a copy from some other party which may already have a copy of the report.
STBCypriot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.