Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Getting cancellation reason

Old Jun 4, 22, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Hello,

Could you help me find the reason for a cancellation (airline says it is exceptional circumstance but gives no more reasons):

Wizzair LTN to SCV flight on the 20 May 2022
at 3:30pm W93616 callsign WUK2057

Equipment was A321 G-WUKJ

On FlightRadar24 I can see the plane landed from PRN on time. It was then not used until the next day where it suffered another 3hrs delay in the morning.

Is there a way to get the official reason for the flight cancellation?

thank you!
Old Jun 9, 22, 6:46 am

Programs: TK Elite
Such information is not available to the public. What did the crew or gate staff tell about the cancellation?

Anyway, if you already received the reply from Wizz Air that the delay was caused by extraordinary circumstances (without specifying what was the extact reason) you can question that in your response to Wizz. However, I'm not sure you will succeed in getting compensation for delay if that is what you are looking for.
Old Jun 9, 22, 6:57 am
Original Poster

So on this one:

- I contacted Luton to ask for the reason of the cancellation. They replied that Wizzair says “exceptional circumstance” and that’s what they have in their records

- I put a compensation claim using Wizzair’s for. Their immediate reply was that the cancellation was due to EC and that therefore they wouldn’t be paying

- I síntomas replied saying I wanted documented evidence of the cancellation reasons

- 24hrs later they replied stating they will be paying a compensation of around EUR400

So basically they lie at first but once you make it known you know your rights they backtrack and pay
Old Jun 9, 22, 8:42 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Yonasl View Post
So basically they lie at first but once you make it known you know your rights they backtrack and pay
Most airlines follow this strategy. Apparently too many give up after the initial rejection of the claim.
Old Jun 9, 22, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Such information is not available to the public. What did the crew or gate staff tell about the cancellation?

Anyway, if you already received the reply from Wizz Air that the delay was caused by extraordinary circumstances (without specifying what was the extact reason) you can question that in your response to Wizz. However, I'm not sure you will succeed in getting compensation for delay if that is what you are looking for.
ExpertFlyer has this information available for some airlines, I believe.

Search this Thread