Search

Travel Planning

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:01 am
Used to be garyjr316
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Travel Planning

I consider myself pretty good on the points and miles front but I am looking for a little help. Our 10 year anniversary was spoiled due to Covid so I am trying to get something planned for this next year. Specifically I want to go to the Maldives in Late June or July. There are plenty of options for hotel via points, but I am having more of a challenge with mileage options. I'd like to do Business/First from LAX to Male but not use ALL of my points in a stupid way. What company/person do you all recommend to help plan getting the best use out of my miles for flights?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Go to the External Miles and Points Resources forum here on FT. You'll find a thread discussing the outfits that book award travel for a fee, with emphasis on the outfits that are associated with usernames that participate on FT, many of which also operate miles and points blogs.

If you have miles or status with some airline, try to pick a person who is knowledgeable about your airline's program.

If you prefer a do-it-yourself approach, in EMPR of the Travel Tools forum, you can find discussions of online award search tools as well as threads about EF and KVS that include information about what award space you can search on these subscription websites. Your own airline's forum will have some similar discussions specific to awards using that airline's miles and other tricks to find award space.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 11:20 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
What company/person do you all recommend to help plan getting the best use out of my miles for flights?
Take a look at this thread in the Travel Tools forum:
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TWA884
Take a look at this thread in the Travel Tools forum:
Sorry. I hadn't realized that this thread is located in Travel Tools and not EMPR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.