Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will I get my new passport?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2020, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

When will I get my new passport?

I mailed my passport on 02/29 for regular renewal to Philadelphia. When I check my status at their website, it says the following:The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 03/04/2020. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents.

You requested routine service when you applied, which we are currently processing in 6-8 weeks.

I understand that things are taking much longer these days, however it is going on 12 weeks.

One of my friends (who lives nearby and requested regular renewal service as well) sent theirs in a day after mine and got their new one in less than two weeks.

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Old May 25, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Check out the existing legend thread in USA Forum:

Current US passport wait? (Merged Threads)
Old May 26, 2020, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Thank you
Old May 30, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: United, Delta
My passport application was received on March 13 and logged in to their system on March 16, with the same wording you mentioned in your post. I checked the status today and the message has changed to:

Application Status: In Process

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we cannot provide an update on when you will receive your passport and the return of your citizenship documents until we resume normal operations and staff return to our agencies and centers.

While we continue to accept applications, process your payments, and safeguard your forms, we cannot update your passport status at this time. For more information, read our COVID-19 update.

What ever that means; at least my application appears to be moving forward.
sdsearch likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.