Coronavirus Cancellations and Layovers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada Elite 50K (Star Alliance Gold)

General information request - I’ve searched the interwebs with little success....

I’m going on a Dive Trip in a couple of months to Thailand. Flying Air China J from YVR to PEK with a 3 hour layover there, and then on to HKT.

I know full well the Coronavirus is overblown by the media (thousands die annually from influenza in North America), but am more concerned about what the travel will look like. At this point is doesn’t look like Thailand is banning inbound flights from mainland China, and as I’m just a transiting passenger, if there are issues does it apply to me?

it may well be that this whole thing will blow over before I leave, but am wondering what advice anyone may have, or if anyone has recently transited PEK
Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Keep an eye on destination fora...

Originally Posted by Bucko911
General information request - I’ve searched the interwebs with little success....
... am wondering what advice anyone may have...
Have you tried out Destinations Fora? Ever since the outbreak, many Coronavirus-related threads have been established in affected destination fora. That's where you should start your search for travel-related impact.

Here are some example threads for airports of your interest:

In China Forum:
Connecting In China / Quarantine

In Hong Kong Forum:
Connecting flights in HKG without mandatory quarantine?

In Thailand Forum:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai...-xmission.html

Hope this helps.

Last edited by lin821; Feb 9, 2020 at 7:40 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It is way too soon to tell anything certain if your trip is in a "couple of months". Many things can happen before your departure date and if it escalates their may be further travel restrictions. So far you are good to go and I wouldn't worry too much. Transiting in PEK should not impose any significant risk of getting infected. I would be more concerned with travel restrictions and quarantine requirements in your home country when returning from Asia.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Do we really need another thread on Corona virus? Could this not have been posted in any of the dozens of existing ones? Peak virus, incidentally, is not expected for several more months, according to many virologists.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I agree two months is a long time and it’s impossible to tell what it will be like when you travel.

There is a website which is updated everyday and provides up-to-date information on transit/arrival policies in different countries.
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm
JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.