Search

Asia Travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: American
Asia Travel

Good Morning:

I am planning a trip to China for my family and I am having a difficult time trying utilize the points that I have for an award flight. I have a large amount of miles on American Airlines as well as points on American Express. What is the best way to achieve the shortest business class fare flights possible? I need to fly from Chicago to Beijing and then from Hong Kong back to Chicago.

Thank you
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
When and for how many people?

CX and JL are the two obvious candidates if you can't get on AA metal. All 3 (CX / JL / AA) should show up on AA.com these days. AA can be stingy with the domestic flights so check ex-ORD initially but then check some other routes such as JFK, DFW, SFO, SEA, LAX to see if there is availability for the long leg and then just buy a flight that connects in separately.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Consider using an award booking service.
Award booking services - a list and some reviews
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by jbeckett
Consider using an award booking service.
Award booking services - a list and some reviews
We strongly recommend using a service/agent to help with this.

We learned about these services here, and it's made a *huge* difference in our ability to fly premium (J or F) with an airline we like (or avoid the few we prefer not to use is more accurate), and at about the right time.

We are fortunate to be able to be somewhat flexible most of the time, so that definitely helps.
The agent/service can usually find routings we wouldn't have thought about. In some cases, it might be a bit longer in flying time, but we get where we want to go, and in comfort.

This has been especially helpful on short notice. Although there are never any guarantees, we have yet to be disappointed...

GC
Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What work have you done on the AA website, or on the transfer partners of Amex? That is the place to start!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.