Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Crediting to Different FFPs on the Same Ticket???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, OZ Club Diamond, *A Gold, QFF Gold, BAEC Gold, OW Emerald

All,

Can I credit my mileage to different Frequent Flyer Programs on ONE ticket with separate segments? For example: Flying QR from CGK to AMS with a layover in DOH. Can I credit my miles to QFF from CGK to DOH and then for the second segment credit to BAEC from DOH to AMS? If so, how would I go about this? Call the airline, or ask the agent at the physical check-in desk?

Maybe the answer to this question is obvious, but I have never tried it and am finding difficulty finding info online regarding this.

Thanks so much!

-Ryan
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rybylee
Can I credit my mileage to different Frequent Flyer Programs on ONE ticket with separate segments? For example: Flying QR from CGK to AMS with a layover in DOH. Can I credit my miles to QFF from CGK to DOH and then for the second segment credit to BAEC from DOH to AMS? If so, how would I go about this? Call the airline, or ask the agent at the physical check-in desk?

Maybe the answer to this question is obvious, but I have never tried it and am finding difficulty finding info online regarding this.
The fool proof way is not to have a frequent flyer number in the reservation. And then retro claim after the flights. But then you could miss any benefits you have from status.
Q "Call the airline, or ask the agent at the physical check-in desk?"
Both, and keep checking. Then check again. And at check-in desks before each flight. Keep all physical boarding passes.
Changing ffn's does not always stick. Any possible combination of errors that may happen will have been reported on FT as some time. Even if the boarding pass prints with the correct new ffn, it could credit to the other. Or any other random combination you can think of.

Manage my booking in AY may help https://www.finnair.com
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, OZ Club Diamond, *A Gold, QFF Gold, BAEC Gold, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
The fool proof way is not to have a frequent flyer number in the reservation. And then retro claim after the flights. But then you could miss any benefits you have from status.
Q "Call the airline, or ask the agent at the physical check-in desk?"
Both, and keep checking. Then check again. And at check-in desks before each flight. Keep all physical boarding passes.
Changing ffn's does not always stick. Any possible combination of errors that may happen will have been reported on FT as some time. Even if the boarding pass prints with the correct new ffn, it could credit to the other. Or any other random combination you can think of.

Manage my booking in AY may help https://www.finnair.com
I appreciate the help, thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Arline passenger records have two fields for a passenger's frequent flyer number: one for crediting the flight, a different one for the flyer's status with that airline (or, in some cases, a partner) for privileges.

The problem is:
- Many (most?) airline agents don't know this.
- If they know this, they don't know how to enter them both correctly.
- If they know how, with 200 people behind you in line they can't take the time.
- If they can take the time, they make a mistake.

Best to follow Mwenenzi's advice and claim retroactive credit separately for each. That doesn't necessarily mean missing out on the benefits of status, though. Have some other evidence of your status, such as the airline's smartphone app, ready to show. You will not be the first passenger whose elite status wasn't printed on a boarding pass. It happens for many reasons. Agents are used to it. It may take you ten extra seconds to get the benefit, but you should get it. (If one offers to enter your number into the computer and print you a new boarding pass, decline. You can offer to explain why. Chances are they won't take you up on that offer, especially if anyone is behind you in line.)
Old Jul 19, 2019, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The answer to the OP's question depends on the particular carriers and FF programs. For example, DL doesn't permit one to change the FF number after the first flight of an itinerary has been flown (or boarded, I suspect). Other programs make it easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.