Wiki Posts
Search

Mixed Class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Mixed Class

Hi

Does anyone know of any way to book a mixed class route? What I want is a flight from HAN to DXB or BKK or SIN Economy and then switch to First Class for the remainder flight to LHR. I want to book a through ticket (transit) so that I dont have to go through customs. I have tried booking and Economy to DXB or BKK or SIN and then a First Class to LHR but the cost of the 2nd sector (1st Class) is way to high.

Why do I need to do this? Well, my credit card has a limit and the Economy/First Class is just over my limit.

Why not go the whole trip Economy? Because I want to treat myself as it's my 60th birthday.

Thanks in advance

D
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Disardo
Does anyone know of any way to book a mixed class route? What I want is a flight from HAN to DXB or BKK or SIN Economy and then switch to First Class for the remainder flight to LHR. I want to book a through ticket (transit) so that I don't have to go through customs. I have tried booking and Economy to DXB or BKK or SIN and then a First Class to LHR but the cost of the 2nd sector (1st Class) is way to high.
On what airline/airlines?
Some airlines may interline baggage on separate tickets.
Some airlines will not interline baggage on separate tickets.
A real live walking talking travel agent may be able to do. Not an OTA.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Hi

The clue is in the stopover:-

DXB - Emirates
SIN - Singapore
BKK - Thia Airlines

D
Old Jul 23, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Call a real travel agent. They’ll take the time pulling the details from you to get you what you want.
JDiver and 84fiero like this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Disardo
Hi

The clue is in the stopover:-

DXB - Emirates
SIN - Singapore
BKK - Thia Airlines

D
Not really a clue, as there are more airline possibilities than the above, not to mention the leg to LHR. In any case, I'd agree that you may as well call an actual travel agent with your budget and parameters and see what they can find - you're not out anything but checking and having them do the legwork.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I've read your post three times and I'm still not clear on what the question is. Perhaps if you runs this by a real travel agent they'll be able to help you. Alternatively, you can try to build your own single ticket itinerary by using ITA Matrix, then taking the coding to a TA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.