Wiki Posts
Search

need advice for travel issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

need advice for travel issues

Hi FlyerTalk folks,
I have been trying to get a flight to go back to my home country for the past three weeks. At first, I tried to book a ticket for EVA AIR from a website "cheapoair.com", my flight got canceled and they booked me another ticket for the next day. Turns out that they would not let me fly on the next day due to overbooking. They did not compensate me for anything and asked me to try to book the ticket straight and directly from their official website, so I did. I bought another ticket from Eva Air website and the same "overbooking" issues happened again. Then I decided to switch to another airline, Air Nippon Airways (ANA). The same thing happened all over again with ANA, they would not let me fly because my ticket is not valid and they could not pull up my information or booking number from their system.
In addition, I tried to switch airport from SFO to OAK. I booked a ticket from China Airlines flying from OAK intl airport.Booked the ticket straight from their official website. yet the same issues happened all over again. They said that they could not find my booking info in their system
I'm not sure if this has to do with an error in their system or something else. I even tried to contact every phone number that I can possibly find in the airport site, yet they could not help me resolve the issues, and claimed that they have never encountered this issues before.

Just wondering if anyone has experience similar issues before? would appreciate any pieces of advice and suggestions

thanks
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:32 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

You posted this in the Travel News forum, which is for discussing and linking to "general travel news stories."

I will send your post to our Information Desk forum.

cblaisd
Moderator, Travel News
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
That's quite a litany of apparent ticketing woes.
If I understand this correctly, you are on the west coast of the US and trying to return to your home country (somewhere in SE Asia/Asia)?
You have purchased three tickets - from three different outlets/vendors (cheapoair, EVAair and China Airlines)?
You have not been able to depart because the flight(s) were over-booked and/or the airline couldn't find your information?
You have not been able to reach any of the airlines/OTA (online travel agency - i.e. cheapoair) by telephone or website?
Have you had any refunds for the tickets you haven't been able to use?
If you had to purchase three different tickets and are staying three weeks past your scheduled return, are you having some financial issues?
What have you done about getting a flight back to your country ... go the airport each day for three weeks and been turned back each time?
I think you need to provide more information if you want people to help ...
In my book, something doesn't quite add up.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I don’t think more than one ticket was ever bought, I suspect because of credit card issues. More detailed information is necessary. Did you actually get a confirmation and ticket number in each case?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I don’t think more than one ticket was ever bought, I suspect because of credit card issues. More detailed information is necessary. Did you actually get a confirmation and ticket number in each case?
Agreed. My reading of post 1 is OP has only been the website of cheapoair.com. Not on the airline websites. You get what you pay for.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

You as a traveler can’t just select which airline you want to use your cheapoair issued EVA ticket on; the ticket would have to be endorsed over to the new airline by, possibly, EVA if they retain control of it, or cheapoair if the ticket has now been dropped or canceled.

If you originally purchased the ticket that was actually issued from cheapoair, they are your travel agent of record and it’s likely they will need to sort it for you (though when the original flight was canceled and you were then denied boarding due to oversales by EVA, they should have arranged alternate flights for you on the spot, as they had control of the ticket).
Old May 1, 2018, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Until OP returns (?) we are simply speculating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.