Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is there a section on lounges in FT?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Question is there a section on lounges in FT?

With UA clubs loosing all their showers, I was trying to find a lounge section/thread here on FT for US domestic lounge programs. If you know of one, please let me know.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
There is none per se. There are 2 types of US lounges, airline affiliated ones, and none airline affiliated. Perhaps if you expand on what you are looking for we might be able to assist.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Can you be clear on what you are asking for? Are you looking for an invitation to lounge, or for information on which lounges in the US have showers?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Hi ermintrude

There isn’t a specific forum for airline lounges but there is an abundance of information here on FT, but its all spread out across a multitude of forums so you just need to know where to go to find what you’re looking for.

Info on the Centurion Lounges is generally found in the American Express forum; you’ll need to dig through the destination forums to find info on Airspace, Lounge Club, USO, and specific airport operated lounges. Airline operated lounges are generally covered in the respective airline forums.

The Trip Reports forum is another sweet spot
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by ermintrude
With UA clubs loosing all their showers, I was trying to find a lounge section/thread here on FT for US domestic lounge programs. If you know of one, please let me know.
As most airport lounges are operated by specific airlines you're most likely to find airline lounge listings within the airline fora. E.g. the British and American fora have Lounge dashboards and extensive lounge listings and information.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Can you be clear on what you are asking for?
Thanks all for your replies - really I was just looking to see if there was a wide network of OK lounges with showers within the USA under one umbrella. I have relied on UA club, but with UA club getting rid the few showers they do have, I was looking as to what my other options were. Currently, the large airports I most frequent are: IAH, SFO, EWR, LAX, DEN, PHL, LGA, JFK, BOS. No particular order - probably EWR the most.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Unfortunately in many of those airports, each airline is in a different terminal. So getting a membership in another airlines club is not going to be helpful if you're flying United.

The only real networks of non-airline operated clubs in the US are Amex Centurion and Priority Pass. There are very few Amex lounges and most of them are difficult to shower in as they have 1 or 2 showers with long waits. Priority pass lounges are not so prevalent in the US, and are rarely going to have better facilities than a United Club in terms of showers and the like. Many do not have showers at all.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Unfortunately in many of those airports, each airline is in a different terminal. So getting a membership in another airlines club is not going to be helpful if you're flying United.

The only real networks of non-airline operated clubs in the US are Amex Centurion and Priority Pass. There are very few Amex lounges and most of them are difficult to shower in as they have 1 or 2 showers with long waits. Priority pass lounges are not so prevalent in the US, and are rarely going to have better facilities than a United Club in terms of showers and the like. Many do not have showers at all.
OK thanks for letting me know
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:31 pm

not the best thing price-wise, but you can look at paying for dayrooms at airport hotels ($30-$100 per visit), or find a gym membership close to the airport
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA exp, Marriott Amb
This thread reminds me that it's often difficult to find up to date info on lounges in random international airports. Oneworld lounges in Manilla are particularly confusing since the Qantas and JAL lounges seem to be open at super random hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.