Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Award Seats API/Data?

Award Seats API/Data?

Old Apr 13, 2020, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by abenaim
Hi @planepoints, I happen to be looking for the same thing!. I am looking for an API capable of handling reward flight and hotel availability and price using miles and CC's points. We should connect and compare our findings
Doesn't exist.

While some airlines publish award availability to GDSs (which in turn offer API access for a non-trivial fee), plenty more do not. This is why tools like KVS have resorted to scraping websites, often without the knowledge or permission of the sites they target.

Even if you access this award availability data via a GDS API, airlines do not publish anything to GDSs that would let you price award itineraries, nor obtain conversion rates from transfer partners. And airlines are also not about to make this data available via their own APIs.

People have attempted to build multi-airline award search engines in the past, often with the goal of finding the lowest cost across programs. These tools usually rely on the creator taking each airlines award charts and known data about conversion rates and maintaining an internal set of logic. Sometimes these tools operate without availability data at all, and only attempt to show the lowest price between two cities based on an award chart comparison.

But with incomplete availability data, and internally-maintained copies of award charts quickly falling out of date as programs change (especially as programs eliminate award charts and move towards dynamic award pricing), these tools all ultimately meet the same end. The ones that survive are the ones that narrow their focus.

Last edited by javabytes; Apr 13, 2020 at 1:41 am
Old Dec 27, 2020, 7:47 pm

@javabytes, Im assuming youre talking about a one stop shop for award flights on multiple airlines. Would you say its the same thing even if youre looking airline by airline? Ive considered building an app that looks up airlines separately when needed. It would be a complicated process to seed the database of how to get the info from each airline, but if its not impossible then...its not impossible.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 7:39 am

Did you find an award flight api?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.