URGENT: Problem with Air Maroc Timetable Change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

URGENT: Problem with Air Maroc Timetable Change

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
probably i'll ask them to switch my flight from BLQ on 25/3...but is that normal? i mean..if i decide to tak the risk of a misconnection, can they refuse to cover the overnight expenses and to not re-protect me? what about the EU261/2004 in this case? I'm a little bit confused..
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:31 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
No flights on 23/3. And to pay > 500€ ow is unacceptable since they changed the timetable just few days in advance...s there a way to manage this, forcing RAM to re-protect me?
Two tips I use in situations like this are:
  • Immerse oneself in the carrier's T&C, see below
  • Prepare a list of alternatives. Airlines generally want to assist and if you present them with a list of options you're willing to accept, this can speed up the process

Royal Air Maroc General terms and conditions

2.2 Except as otherwise provided for in the Convention, and if a Passenger has a single Contract of Carriage (as defined by Convention) that is the subject of a Reservation:
- if the Carrier cancels a flight or
- operates a flight with excessive delays compared to the planned schedule or
- the Carrier causes the Passenger to miss a connecting flight, or
- if the flight does not stop at the Agreed Stopping Place or the point of destination, or
- if the Passenger is refused embarkation due to overbooking,
The Carrier must, in agreement with the Passenger:
(a) Carry the Passenger on the next flight with an available seat, without surcharge and, where applicable, extend the Ticket validity commensurately, or
(b) Reroute the Passenger to the destination shown on the Ticket within a reasonable time, in whole or in part on the Carrier ́s own flights or those of another Carrier, or by any other means of carriage agreed on with the Passenger. If the fare and charges for the new routing are lower than the refund value of the Ticket, in whole or in part, the difference will be refunded to the Passenger, or
(c) Refund the Ticket, in accordance with Article X/2, below.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Does this fall under EU 261 protection? I don't remember the details about when an airline has to tell you about a change but you might fall into a condition where they have to either pay you for the delay or cover your costs for a hotel.
correct, that's my assumption too...but they say that I've been ifnormed in advance..even if 72h before!
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Does this fall under EU 261 protection? I don't remember the details about when an airline has to tell you about a change but you might fall into a condition where they have to either pay you for the delay or cover your costs for a hotel.
Its a grey area since there is no change to the VCE-CMN flight. Worth inquiring but the priority should be to obtain an acceptable re-routing.

For further information, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...61-2004-a.html. While BA related, the advise is applicable to this situation
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
Its a grey area since there is no change to the VCE-CMN flight. Worth inquiring but the priority should be to obtain an acceptable re-routing.

For further information, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...61-2004-a.html. While BA related, the advise is applicable to this situation
Actually I've figured out 3 options:

- switch to the BLQ-CMN-RAK flight on 25/3 at 5 pm , but the 2nd leg is in biz class, and having seen their unprofessionalism , they won't re-protect me on biz class

- risk it, asking for reprotection for the 2nd leg the next day ,with the risk of fully booked flights and overnight costs charged to me (considering their assumptions.........)

- ask them to fly the VCE-CMN on 24/3 and then switch me on the first available flight on the 25/3, but - again - the overnight costs will be at my own expenses.....

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Mar 21, 2016 at 3:52 pm
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'm really not sure about EC261 on this one, since the affected flight doesn't fall under the scope of the regulations, but it's worth a shot. I must reiterate that your travel insurance policy is probably the document you want to read most closely now since, even if 261 applies, you will have certainty of reimbursement only ex post, rather than ex ante with insurance.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I'm really not sure about EC261 on this one, since the affected flight doesn't fall under the scope of the regulations, but it's worth a shot. I must reiterate that your travel insurance policy is probably the document you want to read most closely now since, even if 261 applies, you will have certainty of reimbursement only ex post, rather than ex ante with insurance.
my insurance covers flight delays, but a 1€ per hour reimboursement (it covers pretty everything with huge protections, but is not so good on flight delays..)..
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:34 pm
Suspended

What about travel interruption? €1 per hour...that can't be right.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Well I've managed: Since there're many passenger in the same situation RAM has decided that the 2nd flight will wait untill our arrival in CMN..
I hope they'll do what they promised...
Old Mar 22, 2016, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Sometimes the most obvious solution is the best. Thumbs up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.