Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class (on Long Haul Planes) Within Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Turkish regularly flies narrow-bodies equipped with dedicated business-class 2x2 seating between Turkey and Europe.
And sometimes wide-bodies!

I often notice TK A330s waiting at TXL and FRA as I pass through and can even remember seeing one at DUS.

These planes have either angle-flat or fully flat in J.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:18 am
Original Poster

What's the early morning BA flight from T5B that regularly uses a sizable plane for a European route? I can't remember, though I'm sure there is one. To Germany maybe?

I seem to remember there was on a video of it on YouTube.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 8:38 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by goldencondor
What's the early morning BA flight from T5B that regularly uses a sizable plane for a European route? I can't remember, though I'm sure there is one. To Germany maybe?

There's a 767 to EDI and ARN I believe.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:44 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Really "most"?

BA flies 2.5 + 2.5 across (ie, middle seats "shrunk" into non-use) and at least about 34" pitch in Club Europe. Are they really the only one besides co-owned Iberia??? (Gosh, even the first row or two of 3 + 3 Y behind Club Europe tends to have 34" or so pitch. That's typically where I get seated if I'm in Y on a BA connecting flight booked through AA where I'm OW Sapphire via LT Plat.)

I flew in LH business and SAS business intra-Europe last summer, and I don't remember the pitch being as bad as 31"; it was somehow a bit better than standard Y, but I don't remember how much better. I don't remember if both were 3 + 3 or only SAS.)
As you can see, it's time to update your information about CE; mine is quite current.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mattking2000
To add to your list... not sure if any of these have rights though, someone else will have to check that

BRU-CDG on ET
ARN-FCO on ET
Curiously, neither of these ET legs are bookable (so I can't add them to the list), but Stockholm-Vienna is!

SVO-TXL on OM (Miat Airlines, for those who immediately opened a browser to google )
Looks like the planes are 737s but I can't tell how luxurious the business class is. No videos or reviews that I can find.

CPH-OSL on PK
MXP-CDG on PK
Two more routes that do exist but are not bookable, alas.

Last edited by goldencondor; Jan 27, 2016 at 11:41 am Reason: added the PK comment
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Many people wonder that! It's a bit of catering and the knowledge that cabin density will be no higher than 67% of seats. If it's legroom you're after, the exit rows trump.
Please explain: How do I select legrooms in coach if I've booked a TATL business class seat with AA miles and it continues on to a BA intra-Europe flight with CE. In other words, how do I force the downgrade to coach on BA so that I can select exit row seats, when the flight is an add-on leg to a longhaul business class flight (where the business class is very much worth it)?

(I pretty much never fly BA intra-Europe except as add-on legs to TATL flights, most likely on AA.)
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by goldencondor

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
There's a 767 to EDI and ARN I believe.
It's not always from T5B, it can also be on a remote stand or from the A gates. I'm in Frankfurt a fair bit!
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Please explain: How do I select legrooms in coach if I've booked a TATL business class seat with AA miles and it continues on to a BA intra-Europe flight with CE. In other words, how do I force the downgrade to coach on BA so that I can select exit row seats, when the flight is an add-on leg to a longhaul business class flight (where the business class is very much worth it)?

(I pretty much never fly BA intra-Europe except as add-on legs to TATL flights, most likely on AA.)
I'm not sure you can, but it sounds like a call-in request if at all. Practically speaking, I'm sure if you're ticketed in 2A and you walk back to 12F and offer the exit row chap your seat, a swap is near-guaranteed.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
And sometimes wide-bodies!

I often notice TK A330s waiting at TXL and FRA as I pass through and can even remember seeing one at DUS.

These planes have either angle-flat or fully flat in J.
I saw one TK A330 in BRU during Christmas. I don't know if was because of the holidays or is normal business in this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.