Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Groups rates or perks for groups of frequent flyers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

I'm part of a group of 5 that will be flying weekly between LA and SF for the next 3 years: about 60 flights per year for each of us.

Unfortunately, it seems like for most airlines group rates are for groups of 10 or more, but just based on the sheer number of flights we'll be taking would we be able to squeeze out any discounts or perks (e.g. preemptively bumping us to a higher tier)? I already called Southwest and Delta, and after a bunch of transfers and talking with multiple supervisors I got nowhere.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Do you have a travel agent or a corporate travel coordinator? They know who to contact for things like this. It would probably be worth paying a travel agent for his/her time to do this. Try to sort out your priorities before the TA calls the airline: discounts? upgrades? elite status? You have a good shot at getting something, but it won't be "all of the above," and you don't want the agent to go "uh - geez - I dunno" when asked.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5 x 45 (1 per week after vacations) short distance - low cost flights is not a lot of $$ to any airline.
Can you lock in departures days - times?
If some one does not make a flight do you still want to pay?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'm not sure that this amount of travel gets anyone excited. Can you sign up for the small business programme?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.