Wiki Posts
Search

Asia based miles travel blogs?

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles, Aeroplan
Asia based miles travel blogs?

I did not find an answer definite to what I'm trying to find so hopefully this is not a repost.

I surf thepointsguy.com, boardingarea blogs, frugal travel guy etc blogs all day. But because I am currently located in Hong Kong none of them really relate to me and the South East Asia region.

Anyone know of any "miles" blogs that are targeted towards the Asia region? Thanks!
Old May 11, 2015, 3:11 am

If you find one, please post about it. I'm located in Korea and would like to find deals NOT leaving from Europe and North America.
Old May 11, 2015, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik19283
If you find one, please post about it. I'm located in Korea and would like to find deals NOT leaving from Europe and North America.
Exactly! I asked boardingarea about it as well and they don't know of any either.

Very annoying to see all these credit card offers for the US yet HK credit cards are absolute junk compared to them!
Old May 11, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Unfortunately, Asia cannot compared to the US when it comes to churning/earning miles. They earn more miles faster and easier than we do even for my home airline....
Old May 11, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Once upon a time CC churns were available in Asia.

I recall some CC in Asia giving 100K for signing up. But that was about a decade ago and you needed to pay the yearly fee which was quite substantial.

But that said, the US airlines have devalued miles real fast.
Old May 11, 2015, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Really such a shame...considering the usage of Credit cards in Asia (China alone) would top the US and Canada combined.

HK offers are so piss poor it annoys me.
Old May 11, 2015, 10:09 pm

HK Travel Blog: http://hktravelblog.com/ on occasion has some good Asia specific promotions. Can be hit and miss though.

Also don't forget: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...hk-2015-a.html

Last edited by theworld; May 11, 2015 at 11:04 pm
Old May 11, 2015, 11:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some of the material in Australian blogs might be relevant in that it can include the entire Pacific regions.

JALPak focuses on JAL.

Depending on exactly where in Asia you are located and what routes and airlines you fly, you might find some leads on sqtalk.com, a BB focused on SIA and Singapore in general.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.