Wiki Posts
Search

One way from Europe to YVR late august.

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2015, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Hello!

I managed to find a business itinerary outbound to Barcelona. Looking to come home sometime late august, flexible with departure city as I can make my way to Germany / England / France etc if necessary. Ideally direct Frankfurt or Munich if possible or something out of Barcelona or Madrid, but quite flexible.

I have Canadian MR / Aeroplan/ Avios accounts. Searching primarily for Aeroplan as Avios business is quite a bit more points.

Any help with this is appreciated!

Dave
Old May 9, 2015, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

You should be able to easily search for Star Alliance award seats from various European origins to YVR on either the Aeroplan site, or united.com.

The UK and France both have high departure taxes on long-haul travel in premium cabins; Germany ain't exactly cheap either. If you're concerned at the cash component, I'd look for departures from BCN, MAD, BRU, or -- maybe -- AMS. Watch out for hefty surcharges on some Aeroplan partners.
Old May 12, 2015, 5:22 am

Also trying looking into flying to SEA instead of YVR. In the worst case you could wait until 15 days prior then snap up an LH flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.