How to combine points [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to combine points [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You can't combine the miles, but you might be able to use them for a single trip.

DL miles can be used for one way award tickets. If AS miles can also be used for one way award tickets, you could form a round trip by using DL miles in one direction and AS (or other) miles for the other direction. Just be sure that the flights you want in each are available for reasonable numbers of miles in the respective programs. Be aware that if you cancel the trip, you'll need to pay the cancel/redeposit fees to both programs, currently $150 for DL if you're not a DL elite.
Perfect. Great tip. Thank you!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:49 pm

Air Miles to Hotel Points

Hi, since last year I was able to convert my air miles in IHG point and it was perfect for me, this option is not anymore available on airmiles, how can I convert to IHG or any other Hotels points programs ?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What Air Miles are you referring to?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FlyerTalk, easyofff.

Are you talking about the Canadian program called Air Miles or something else?

At any rate, a decade ago there were many more options to transfer from airlines to hotels. One by one they disappeared, and I'm not sure how many airline programs retain the ability to transfer to one or more hotels, but it's extremely few if any.

Some airlines instead now have a "mall" where you can reserve hotels (independent of any program) directly with miles. (But when you do so, you don't earn points in the hotel program itself when you stay, because it's treated as a third-party booking.)

Finally, there's points.com, where you can legally Exchange various miles and points, though often at a significant loss and/or with a significant fee attached.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by easyofff
Hi, since last year I was able to convert my air miles in IHG point and it was perfect for me, this option is not anymore available on airmiles, how can I convert to IHG or any other Hotels points programs ?
(Canada) Air Miles axed that option a year ago. Now all you can do is redeem miles for hotel nights (with any of their partners not just IHG) directly on the Air Miles portal, where you get $0.10-$0.15/mile. I've read Air Miles can be a good deal on car rentals but other than that, it's a rather crappy program.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
These consolidated threads are so hard to read and understand, particularly since any non-sequential posts are missing context.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.